Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed in this place. Fully expected it to be flooded with "we couldn't finalize Schneiderlin until we dumped Niasse" posts.

LOAN TO BUY

KENWRONG OUT FFS

I like Schneiderlin, but it does suggest the size of the gulf between us and the top 6. When the 7th placed team are expecting him to be our best midfielder, yet he can't get near the squad of the team in 6th.

I figured he was a victim of one of Mourinho's bizarre freezeouts. He's done it to even better players before.

On the flip side, non of the so-called top six took a punt on Gana Gueye and we're generally pretty to very happy with him.
;)

Spot on. Only because the top 5 sides haven't gone in for him doesn't mean he isn't quality. Sometimes the top sides don't need another quality player because they already have quality players to begin with. Sometimes it's a position where they don't have an urgency for a player in that position. We needed some quality and hopefully he will be for us.

Just hope they keep getting the signings between now and the end of the month. Belfodil looks decent enough for 8.5 million but would love to see a number one an cb first personally

I thought we were tight, West Ham first bid 5m for Defoe and now 5m for Snodgrass sunderlands and hulls best player, 5m hardly gets you a half decent championship player nowadays. At least we are a little bit more realistic with our prices we offer.

I think it is a good strategy to go big in this window. We are I no danger of getting relegated so good to get the new faces bedded in so we can make a quick start next season. Also makes sense to invest the Lukaku money before it comes in so we don't get held to ransom in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back