Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

If you want to see a recent interview with him; here you go: https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/detail_is...on-preferee-et-les-penalties-rates?id=2144959

In this interview he talks different topics. Like why he has had so many clubs... That he does not consider himself to be a striker; he says his best position is a 10 (offensive midfielder)...

We get so aroused and sucked into rumours of change and a new era full of promise but really we'll just be let down again. everton that.

e94bbe0830984f131e0a37cc43b7a5c8.jpg

I'm not ready to go full fume, but this delay is.....unappealing.

Schneiderlin - Manu wants 24M. Yes that is what they paid 2 years ago and he is older now...but transfer values have also skyrocketed in that period. It is a fair valuation. We should have paid it by now and welcomed the player (who is keen to join) to the squad.

The fact that we haven't does not, in my opinion, show the world that we are shrewd negotiators. It instead reinforces the perception that we are a bit inept when it comes to closing deals (and i am possibly being kind). Off of the debacle that was the summer window this is not what is needed. What was needed was for the club to come out and say we want the player, the player wants us and the deal is done so we can move to the next target.

The Lookman deal was seemingly handled fairly well, so it can be done.

If the prospect of Schneiderlin and Depay turns into the reality of Elmohamady, a 24 year old striker who is looking for his 14th club and some recycled version of Cleverley/Gibson then we are well and truly screwed.

There is time yet to have a great window. Players of the ilk of Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Manolas, Keane, Depay or Hart are who we should be targeting. They are the ones that will allow for stability, for us to win the matches we should win. Once we determine who we want me must go all out to sign them. If a club knocks us back and won't sell (as Swansea or Burnley well might) then we should test their resolve with a higher offer. Essentially make them an offer they can't refuse. If Roma says Manolas is 35M, which is reasonable, ask them where to wire the funds and how soon the player can be at Lennon for pickup.

Statements are being made about the club by our activity right now, or more correctly our lack thereof. We need to change the rhetoric and grab attention in a positive way.

Moshiri needs to step in now and ensure the club is performing to his expectations.
YEAH! I'm pumped now! Management needs a fire lit under them. If we can make a 30 million desperation bid for Sissokko then we can surely make bids for the players we are being linked with and should be trying to sign.

I like the look of it mate, as I say, its certainly a gamble, but I like the look of him.

I agree, he could work well with Lukaku.

Also this should be an easy transfer to complete. Standard is a selling club; they have ruined their present season so no real reason to keep him there. No cup-runs, very unlikely chance to play play-offs... If they want him; they should be able to conclude the transfer easily.

Also this should be an easy transfer to complete. Standard is a selling club; they have ruined their present season so no real reason to keep him there. No cup-runs, very unlikely chance to play play-offs... If they want him; they should be able to conclude the transfer easily.

We just need to wait for us to Everton up.

So essentially Standard Liege are the Everton of Belgium?

lol at the he is older so not worth 24 million , market price etc shouts

The lad is 9 years younger than Gareth Barry. I'd be happy paying double that amount if it puts a midfielder 9 years younger into the team.

Ahh so not really like Everton then. We generally roll over for our tummies tickled.

Tbh I think it is because the players fear their fans. Quite a fiery bunch. I've seen matches there, brilliant atmosphere but sometimes they go over the top. They make the stadium shake. Lots of smoke-bombs... They'll probably will be slapped with another empty stadium sanction next week for yet another infraction...

For an ex player (Defour now plays for Burnley) who went to play for the rival team they made this:

934a99a1a81c2d6843884e0767273151_crop_exact.jpg

(watch his head)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back