Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we're probably not far apart. I'd prioritise the CB, but that's cos I've got a longstanding distrust of FM.

Then, yeah, quality in the final third, however he slots it in (ooh, er). Trying to fit new quality in alongside Ross will be his challenge.

A Mata/silva/coutinho type player is what we've been crying out for for a decade.

New Keeper after that, and sound. Title's ours.

FM is an utter donkey and the sooner we punt him the better, that we can certainly agree on.

If we get someone of really top calibre in mate then I could see us trying to flog mori to part fund it. Depends I suppose how much depth koeman wants there if we'd let two go though.

As for the boy from Beslan, my gut instinct is it'll be something we take a punt on late in the window, its a deal that with walshes connections we could conclude I think relatively quickly. Think he could be a dallvack option for that reason.

Then again after the initial links its gone awfully quiet which probably suggests I'm way wide of the mark, shame like as he'd be a natural fit for what koeman wants and cheap as chips.
Let's just get him in asap although this nugget saying its not happening

Buzzing with Schneiderlin to be honest, think he'll be brilliant alongside Gueye. Seeing as we play 5 in midfield I think it's last chance saloon time for Barkley; either he cements his place as the number 10, or he is sold in the summer.

Now we desperately need a top quality goalkeeper, striker, centre back and wide midfielder. Still far too many gaps in the squad but Schneiderlin's signing is a step in the right direction.

Kessie bid seems very unlikely due to Chelsea having a €20m knocked back reportedly so what's a €17m and €18m bid going to do ?

On another note I read somewhere that Italian clubs are operating a English tax on their players and are unwilling to sell to English clubs.

There seems to be alot of Italian clubs who are getting their bids knocked back to by EPL clubs too so maybe some retaliation going on there ?

Depends how genuine the Chelsea bid actually was I guess - it's hard to tell what's what sometimes in the transfer window.

Kessie would fit in the bracket that we're seemingly operating in though, and very much looks the real deal.

I'm sure they would take £20-25m for him.

Depends how genuine the Chelsea bid actually was I guess - it's hard to tell what's what sometimes in the transfer window.

Kessie would fit in the bracket that we're seemingly operating in though, and very much looks the real deal.

I'm sure they would take £20-25m for him.

Personally I dont trust none of those jarg Italian meedia, they all stink of utter jarg.

Personally I dont trust none of those jarg Italian meedia, they all stink of utter jarg.

For it to be published in the Guardian with Ed Aarons pushing it though? Seems more to this than a standard jarg Italian link (which Manolas almost certainly is but we can dream).

Re: Kessie

Chelsea had 25m euros bid rejected in summer

Atalanta apparently want 35-40m euros.

He's currently at the AFCON so how we'd go about it who knows.

From memory they dont seem overly concerned regarding letting players go for medicals during tourneys, which is laughable, but true.

The boy Walsh or Mosh pissed at them for some reason?

Nah mate, just find it really strange that on multiple players now the Italian media and agents keep linking us with the same targets as Chelsea, almost like someone connected to our club who knows we have a lot of money is tipping them off to use our names in links etc, now whose Roms agent got very good connections with country wise...

Why is it that any player we apparently bid for is wanted by Chelsea or Chelsea has just bidded? Has Usmanov got Abramovic(spelling) phone tapped and keeps telling FM to bid more for them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back