Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general as a Belgian my rule is for Flemish/Brussels clubs use Flemish media. For Walloon clubs Walloon media. They have better access to the player.

Look back and see the interview with him on RTBF.

That being said I only copy what I think is most probable.

Walloon! Lol

Its not clear or obvious that he is better than Niasse (or even Kone)- i do know that Belfodil is slower than both of them and lacks any balance (he is 6ft 4 tall) , so not really a fancy footwork type player either. His only selling point seems to be his height- so he would be very decent in the box for corners.

hope I'm wrong.
Yeah you were the one who based his assumptions on FIFA, I remember :coffee:

We still need, for our starting XI:

1x goalkeeper.
1x centre back.
1x winger.

Just to, on paper at least, be 'as good' as the likes of Liverpool and Spurs.

But even if we got those three, our squad in general would still be much weaker than any team above us. We need about 6 new players to have a quality squad that should be capable of finishing top 6.

Seems like that is another done. Del probably on his way out.
It makes me wonder...

Bolasie is dead, Del looks like he is off to Italy, Kev's lost some pace and Lennon is meh. Now look at the players we are being linked with.... CMs and strikers. is Koeman looking to switch away from a 4231? I mean, we don't really have an effective 10 and now we are looking a bit short of wingers. If Niasse goes stop Hull (please God let him stay there) and we somehow bin off Kone, are we looking at maybe a 433 or 343?

Gk
Coleman - Williams - RFM - Baines
Barkley - Gana - Schneiderlin
Mirallas - Lukaku - Lookman

Gk
Holgate - Williams - RFM
Coleman - Gana - Schneiderlin - Baines
Barkley - Lukaku - Mirallas​

Anyone who's watched this Belfodil guy know why we're in for him? His numbers/club history are slightly baffling. @Armel?

He is 6ft 4, so i guess its his threat in the air at set pieces ? But i would say we need a pacey attacker who can run around and open up space for lukaku and this guy doesn't have the pace (on fifa or on youtube:).

Major Manchester United transfer close: Player having medical right now ahead of move
MORGAN SCHNEIDERLIN is currently having a medical at Everton ahead of his £22million move from Manchester United.

Anyone who's watched this Belfodil guy know why we're in for him? His numbers/club history are slightly baffling. @Armel?

Check back in the topic mate. There's an interview with him there where he talks about his number of clubs, that he isn't a striker and also a goal compilation. And also what I think about him after seeing his Standard matches. @MoutsGoat had a similar opinion.

things actually happening ash, actions instead of words! who'd have thunk it!

i was on the fence like you were, not wanting to believe and have my heart broken on deadline day for the 8th year running!

maybe things ARE changing at Everton!

Don't hold your breathe just yet, remember Witsel is ours? haha

If come 1st Feb we have signed 3-4 new players for actual money then fantastic, i will start to trust the club a little more on that front. As we have one soon to be 2, then it looks promising. I just hope we aren't settling and actively still pursuing players now we can sign, the more the better because as soon as the spades go into the ground for this apparent new stadium, the coffers will be empty again.

Its not clear or obvious that he is better than Niasse (or even Kone)- i do know that Belfodil is slower than both of them and lacks any balance (he is 6ft 4 tall) , so not really a fancy footwork type player either. His only selling point seems to be his height- so he would be very decent in the box for corners.

hope I'm wrong.

I compare them on the basis that Kone cannot play this level of football anymore and Niasse deemed not even good enough for the squad. So as long as they can do a competent job then fantastic.

Valencia is by no means a 'good' player either, but he is doing a job for the team so essentially worthy of his place right now. the fact he can do what Kone can't speaks volumes, so having valencia to do leg work and this lad if he is a target man type to play off then it means rom doesn't have to adopt that role and can play as a goal scorer instead, which is a big step up as proved against arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back