Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes me wonder...

Bolasie is dead, Del looks like he is off to Italy, Kev's lost some pace and Lennon is meh. Now look at the players we are being linked with.... CMs and strikers. is Koeman looking to switch away from a 4231? I mean, we don't really have an effective 10 and now we are looking a bit short of wingers. If Niasse goes stop Hull (please God let him stay there) and we somehow bin off Kone, are we looking at maybe a 433 or 343?

Gk
Coleman - Williams - RFM - Baines
Barkley - Gana - Schneiderlin
Mirallas - Lukaku - Lookman

Gk
Holgate - Williams - RFM
Coleman - Gana - Schneiderlin - Baines
Barkley - Lukaku - Mirallas​
I think if he plays 3 at the back he will play two up front and be narrow leaving the full backs the space to run into.

It makes me wonder...

Bolasie is dead, Del looks like he is off to Italy, Kev's lost some pace and Lennon is meh. Now look at the players we are being linked with.... CMs and strikers. is Koeman looking to switch away from a 4231? I mean, we don't really have an effective 10 and now we are looking a bit short of wingers. If Niasse goes stop Hull (please God let him stay there) and we somehow bin off Kone, are we looking at maybe a 433 or 343?

Gk
Coleman - Williams - RFM - Baines
Barkley - Gana - Schneiderlin
Mirallas - Lukaku - Lookman

Gk
Holgate - Williams - RFM
Barkley - Lukaku - Mirallas​

Lookman brought in to provide some width maybe, but I wondered about the 3-4-3 as well, which for me could explain the link to Fonte, as I could see him and Williams with Holgate, 2 older heads and 1 youngster.

Thing is, it's nice to have choices. Shame about Bolasie, I would liked to have seen him in a side with a bit more pace and some new faces. Hard to see him dropping Davies just yet either who actually has a chance to make a place for himself.

Gk
Holgate - Williams - Fonte
Barkley
Lukaku - Berahino or Belfodil

Check back in the topic mate. There's an interview with him there where he talks about his number of clubs, that he isn't a striker and also a goal compilation. And also what I think about him after seeing his Standard matches. @MoutsGoat had a similar opinion.

Any chance you could link me your post? Your profile is private. Thanks mate :)

It would really surprise me if he doesn't go Standard needs the money. They got him free this summer and he only earns 5000 euro/month. 10 mil profit. I also read somewhere else his entourage will use 78 but that I find harder to belief.

Would sound win win that, a nomad player can easily be replaced for them, and as you say straight up profit for them.

It is why i am sure we would have sold coleman a few years back if we got a proper offer for him. The club couldn't turn down 20 million off a 60 thousand profit on him.

Lookman brought in to provide some width maybe, but I wondered about the 3-4-3 as well, which for me could explain the link to Fonte, as I could see him and Williams with Holgate, 2 older heads and 1 youngster.

Thing is, it's nice to have choices. Shame about Bolasie, I would liked to have seen him in a side with a bit more pace and some new faces. Hard to see him dropping Davies just yet either who actually has a chance to make a place for himself.

Gk
Barkley

just swap barks for gylfi.

would be a good little side that

I reckon Behrahino could be a good signing and at around £12m it could be a bit of a bargain. He's a bit of a tit but he's been treated badly at WBA.

Cant read that tweet on a works computer, but I would Berahino above most players we are linked with, I really think he would be a top player for us.

Gk
Barkley

Exactly! I really think RK is considering playing 2 upfront, 3 in the back. About time also if you ask me, Rom is so lonely upfront, I wonder what will happen if he gets the support he deserves..

Its not clear or obvious that he is better than Niasse (or even Kone)- i do know that Belfodil is slower than both of them and lacks any balance (he is 6ft 4 tall) , so not really a fancy footwork type player either. His only selling point seems to be his height- so he would be very decent in the box for corners.

hope I'm wrong.

I really rate him highly. I only hope Koeman will play him up front with Lukaku. Together they can destroy defenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back