Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be lying if I said I know the whole story. Suffice to say he was unhappy enough to take himself off for a spell.
Don't blame him.

some of the posters on here reacting to whether things were true or not what he said was sickening.

He had no reason to lie to anyone, think it became a joke after a while to forget that and just berate his name rather than the club for being the crap ones.

I think it's got to the level where the cost means you can't go on gut feelings, although that has often worked out massively for the club in the past. We obviously signed players before all this palava. The fact he also analyses our players is good too.
In the past though we always knew the manager was signing the player. The two I'd say dont fit that description were Drenthe under Moyes and Niasse under Martinez.

Now, if anyone were to try and pin the manager on who he wants and why he wants them you will get a very bluff reply back stating he knows nothing about it. Then we have to speculate if it's a Koeman or Walsh signing...or now a "Laurence Stewart" signing (whoever the friggin hell he is).

I half expect Uncle Tom Cobley to be signing players soon.

Another name.

Is anyone of seniority down there going to put there hands up to any major decision regarding transfers?

This is getting to LFC "procurement committee" levels of nonsense now.
Why? Because we have an approach to scouting that most, if not all, modern elite sport setups have?

In the past though we always knew the manager was signing the player. The two I'd say dont fit that description were Drenthe under Moyes and Niasse under Martinez.

Now, if anyone were to try and pin the manager on who he wants and why he wants them you will get a very bluff reply back stating he knows nothing about it. Then we have to speculate if it's a Koeman or Walsh signing...or now a "Laurence Stewart" signing (whoever the friggin hell he is).

Boss revisionism to try and shed a better light on his hero

Why? Because we have an approach to scouting that most, if not all, modern elite sport setups have?
It's never been our way. And outside a handful of managers clubs in the PL I cant think of many managers as aloof and vague about transfers as Koeman is. It's obviously a very conscious policy not to do that on his part.

Both Koeman and Walsh identify targets and if they don't agree that it's a good move then the move isn't made.

This has been made clear by both I think.

Both Koeman and Walsh identify targets and if they don't agree that it's a good move then the move isn't made.

This has been made clear by both I think.
Not to my knowledge. In any case, it still clarifies nothing as to who has the final say so. Even Rodgers declared he was the man ultimately with that decision at Liverpool.

They 'always preferred Lanzini anyway' I just read.

Until he opts to do one too of course.

edgartools.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back