Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry after our transfer record under Martinez it is absolutely no surprise that Moshiri has looked to bring in Walsh and bolster the player recruitment team. You are only ever one poor manager away from a squad full of average dross like Mcgeady Niasse Cleverley Alcaraz Barry Atsu Kone Robles McCarthy. A top club simply can't operate like that wasting that amount of money, poor recruitment would probably have been one of the first failed processes Moshiri identified that needed fixing.

Not to my knowledge. In any case, it still clarifies nothing as to who has the final say so. Even Rodgers declared he was the man ultimately with that decision at Liverpool.

I'll have to look for the exact quote later, but this is one...

"The player has to buy into what the manager wants to do and Mr Koeman certainly knows what he wants and I'm going to try and fulfill that with the players that he desires in the position he wants." (Walsh)

Sorry after our transfer record under Martinez it is absolutely no surprise that Moshiri has looked to bring in Walsh and bolster the player recruitment team. You are only ever one poor manager away from a squad full of average dross like Mcgeady Niasse Cleverley Alcaraz Barry Atsu Kone Robles McCarthy. A top club simply can't operate like that wasting that amount of money, poor recruitment would probably have been one of the first failed processes Moshiri identified that needed fixing.

Barry has been excellent value for money and has on many occasions been the best EFC player on the pitch. McCarthy had a great first season and has never hit those heights since. Neither deserve to be on the list of "average dross", IMO.

Even at 29 with a bit of a questionable attitude I still would.

He seems like cancer in the dressing room. I'd almost prefer Berahino at this point, think his attitude problems are significantly overrated by a club trying to maintain some pride and dignity in the face of PL superpowers. God knows how much Payets antics have affected the steep decline in team performances this season. Building team spirit, rapport and morale is tantamount for us at this point.

I wonder what that feels like? :coffee:
to be fair mate, holding an undying belief in a manager that was finished by the club would draw that sort of attention as well.

bit like if you popped over to the cleverly thread and spent months arguing his worth, similar response.

You believe what you believe it seems, in the minority on a forum is both commendable and foolish at the dying end of a managers reign lol

It's never been our way. And outside a handful of managers clubs in the PL I cant think of many managers as aloof and vague about transfers as Koeman is. It's obviously a very conscious policy not to do that on his part.
Most managers are vague nowadays when it comes to transfers. And we should stick with an outdated objective recruitment method because we've always done it that way? Mmm.

You telling me we wont sign duds???

It happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back