Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair mate, holding an undying belief in a manager that was finished by the club would draw that sort of attention as well.

bit like if you popped over to the cleverly thread and spent months arguing his worth, similar response.

You believe what you believe it seems, in the minority on a forum is both commendable and foolish at the dying end of a managers reign lol
Manager got our record points total in the first season deserved loyalty at least in that second season...we KNOW that didn't happen, but it was undoubtedly the right thing to do. The manager had us at the business end of two cups last season and so retained my support. That was entirely rational and I wont accept it wasn't from a core of bitter and fickle fans.

True.

He already signed his quota on under 5ft players with Gana
He doesn't like the 'clever' players. He wants athletic players.

We have a complete change of methodology. A counter revolution...which is why Koeman cant or wont work with the current staff even though they are fit for purpose for another way of playing.

Down to him now. He's in the hot seat and he'll be punted if all these mediocre players for big fees dont perform.

Most managers are vague nowadays when it comes to transfers. And we should stick with an outdated objective recruitment method because we've always done it that way? Mmm.
Did Moyes and Martinez hold their hands up to signings and were their records in the market overall a problem?

- .... .. ... / .. ... / .- -. / . -..- -.-. . .-.. .-.. . -. - / .-- .- -.-- / - --- / --. . - / .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - .... . / ... .-- . .- .-. / ..-. .. .-.. - . .-. / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- / -... --- .-.. .-.. --- -.-. -.- ... / ... .... .. - / -.-. ..- -. -

You bad !!!

We have a complete change of methodology. A counter revolution...which is why Koeman cant or wont work with the current staff even though they are fit for purpose for another way of playing.

Down to him now. He's in the hot seat and he'll be punted if all these mediocre players for big fees dont perform.

I'll go along with that entirely.

It's why I'm waiting for the French Ryan Shawcross and Russian Lee Cattermole to turn up.

So Lookman and Gana aren't clever players then Dave? Merely big athletes?

Sure....

Regardless of who has the final say on transfers we are being pretty ruthless with shifting out those who don't have a part to play. Next 6 - 8 months is vital for the development of the squad, two windows to provide a major overhaul fo the squad and massively increase the quality of the first 11. Centre back has to be the next position to address, Robles and Stek whilst not good enough long term are solid enough in the short term with a strong defence and midfield in front of them. Gana and Schneiderlin have addressed the centre midfield issues, creativity still a worry but a dominant centre back would give a platform for us to play from.

'Continental' is how I'd put him. Moyes did use this kind of analytical stuff quite a lot. But Moyes would have final say. How many signings fell apart after he met them? Bellamy was a horror but at the time he would of improved us.
Weird how Drenthe has come out saying how much he regretted blowing his chance at Everton- you were at Real Madrid you bell!
I've never known a situation like this at Everton. We always have a clear line of command: the manager is front and centre and he has the final word on the playing side of things.

I said before I think the DoF role just encourages a cowardly manager to try and get away with poor decisions. I want my manager bold enough to say he got his man and why he bought him, I dont want some shrug of the shoulders and casting doubt on where the signing emerged from.

I've never known a situation like this at Everton. We always have a clear line of command: the manager is front and centre and he has the final word on the playing side of things.

I said before I think the DoF role just encourages a cowardly manager to try and get away with poor decisions. I want my manager bold enough to say he got his man and why he bought him, I dont want some shrug of the shoulders and casting doubt on where the signing emerged from.
Embrace the change Dave or get left behind. This is New Ev, climb aboard buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back