Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since last summer and the disappointments then, I have thought that we would be limited in January just due to how things are for all clubs for transfers this month, and whilst more signings would be welcome, they can't be for the sake of it and/or at poor value.

I also think that the club are being cautious and conservative before any stadium annoucement is made, as this may impact transfer spending in subsequent windows. I can't see how transfer spending and the potential move to BMD are independent of each other.

The buck stops at the end of the next summer window. I think there will be cause for justifiable criticism then if the level of spending which has been mooted continuously since Moshiri's arrival has not materialised, given the amount of players we need. I am all for signing potential, but given the gap we have to bridge, there will be no overhaul done on the cheap.

Of course, we may pull another signing or two off on deadline day, and that would turn an adequate window into a good one.

Nineteen yr old winger who plays for Genk in Belgium.

According to the rags the whole of Europe is after him - 20mil plus.

Kid's dad is involved in his career and is leveraging Bailey's transfer against getting his brother a contract. Looks like Genk just signed Bailey's brother to a pro contract to get Bailey to stay.

we have 2 weeks to get one more in.

if we do that, then the window hasn't been insignificant for us.

getting rid of some dead wood and bringing in a superb looking prospect and a mr consistency can only be looked apon in a positive light.

if we add one more , biggish signing then it would be a tremendous January.

it is always a tricky market in January and its very hard to actually add players who IMPROVE your squad. we have done that already so we cant be too unhappy.

go get us one more biggy koeman lad!

Tbh, watched him live in action for his club 3 times this season. I know the lad is seen as an immense talent, but on these occasions he flattered to deceive. Looked very raw and ordinary to me, but that's not to say there isn't a talent in there.

...I notice he's Jamaican. Looks a big strong lad, very left footed.

74824100.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back