Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think Cafu will make it at Everton mate?
A tough question. I posted my opinion on the matter about 10 days ago.
He is certainly capable of magic moments but I don't think the pace here will suit him. I think he will be overrun.
Plus, I don't think he is better then Delboy, even Lennon. Quite the opposite indeed.

Makes a change for young players to choose wisely. The likes of Isak and Dembele going to Dortmund instead of Real/Barca etc as its better place for young players to play - if they keep playing and developing they will eventually get that move.

Getting the lad from City be excellent in my eyes.
Real kick in the nuts to them to take there best young defender for next to nothing .

Plus I think it will paint us in good light for future youngsters who may have choice of the two clubs.

Without going into too much depth it would be a smart signing too and display a clear understanding of where we fit in football.

As has been stated in the youth threads City spend significant money on youth prospects. They can develop them to 18/19 very well but presently there is no pathway. That is what comes with the expectations they have.

We differ. We do develop players well, in many ways comparably to City if not as well. However we are a great finishing school. This is what Davies and to a lesser degree Holgate, Calvert Lewin & Lookman show. Before them Barkley, Stones and Lukaku. If you are a talented 19 year old come to Everton and you will get a chance to kick on.

That's why Davies et al emergence is critical beyond just their performances. It will further
Enhance our reputation.

With that in mind targeting City (and Chelsea) players stuck in the jam of their conveyor belt makes sense.

On the player himself, I saw him last season and was very impressed. Looks a future England player to me. City will be gutted.

Without going into too much depth it would be a smart signing too and display a clear understanding of where we fit in football.

As has been stated in the youth threads City spend significant money on youth prospects. They can develop them to 18/19 very well but presently there is no pathway. That is what comes with the expectations they have.

We differ. We do develop players well, in many ways comparably to City if not as well. However we are a great finishing school. This is what Davies and to a lesser degree Holgate, Calvert Lewin & Lookman show. Before them Barkley, Stones and Lukaku. If you are a talented 19 year old come to Everton and you will get a chance to kick on.

That's why Davies et al emergence is critical beyond just their performances. It will further
Enhance our reputation.

With that in mind targeting City (and Chelsea) players stuck in the jam of their conveyor belt makes sense.

On the player himself, I saw him last season and was very impressed. Looks a future England player to me. City will be gutted.

you see players like lukaku and de bryune initially not deemed good enough by these teams, if you can get to them a couple of years before they progress, you can pick these players up for minimal fees instead of splashing £20m on then after they've showed just a year or promise. these players at the ageas of deemed not good enough would be a starter in 3/4rs of the prem teams and would only need a year's worth of patience before they would be good enough for us.

Like you say, very good for the club. If we're looking forward, baring FFP in mind etc, if we start buying a host of promising youngsters that can set us up to buying just one or two big money signings every season to strengthen the team, instead of doing liverpool's massive overhaul every summer strategy.

He's made 3 first team appearances for City this season, and one of the reasons the lad supposedly wants out is because he wants more first team opportunities, couldn't see him coming to play in our U23s if that was the case.

If he signs, which is likely, and impresses for the 23s, by the end of the season he'll have made a first team start for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back