Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish we would have some more norwegians. But there isnt exactly many norwegians that are premier league quality. Martin Samuelsen, Rossbach, Ajer and Ødegaard will become good enough I think. Other than those I cant think of any norwegian that will improve our team now or in the future. :(

Sander Berge just went to Genk/Gent. He's meant to be class; we were linked a couple of summers back.

Only watched him play a couple times but he looks like a better version of that Lamine Kone we were linked with over the summer. Wouldn't say no and probably relatively cheap all things considered.

Harry Maguire who took a dive against us for one of hulls free kicks ? Naahhh hope he gets relegated the cheat.

I presumed rightly or wrongly that Lookman would be a wide player. But I can see him playing next to Romelu in our new formation as of late.

Begs the question are we going all out for another striker.
Would worry me greatly if we do not even if due to winning recently.
Personal view of mean for me is that if we find wins signings may have to be over looked.
The low credit links to players in striker is scary as our backups are really Arouna and Enner. Who do not fill me with hope we can chase the top 6.

I rate a few keepers mate for different reasons.

I've happened to see Hennessey when he was at wolves and a fair bit of him at international level for Wales, And then in the premier league at palace.

He is very bog standard, hes absolutely not better than Joel. Dont let his one wonder game against us fool you.

In the premier league, outside the top six who do I rate?

I rate Adrian for his shot stopping, not convinced on other areas of his game but hes solid.

Then there is obvious shouts of Heaton who is fairly well rounded but not the most commanding keeper in the world.

Pickford obviously has talent but hasnt got to the point where he can come and collect crosses easily or boss his defense around.

I'd wait until butland is fit in the summed and go for him, pending medical on his injury.

Thats just premier league alone, there's other keepers out there.

Stephane Ruffier, Joe Hart, Mattia Perin (preferably with both knees in place), Gigi Donnarumma, anthony Lopes, Samir Handanovic, sander Westerveld, Burki from Dortmund looks okay, Bernd Leno, Jereom Zoet, Salvatore Sirigu ?

There are some good keepers out there, personally i would target Hart, Sirigu and Lopes realistically. Perin has a new injury so i would love him but not until the summer, dinnarumma is destined to be a milan great or juventus star after Buffon. Also selling teams like hoffenheim produce good talent.

Stephane Ruffier, Joe Hart, Mattia Perin (preferably with both knees in place), Gigi Donnarumma, anthony Lopes, Samir Handanovic, sander Westerveld, Burki from Dortmund looks okay, Bernd Leno, Jereom Zoet, Salvatore Sirigu ?

There are some good keepers out there, personally i would target Hart, Sirigu and Lopes realistically. Perin has a new injury so i would love him but not until the summer, dinnarumma is destined to be a milan great or juventus star after Buffon. Also selling teams like hoffenheim produce good talent.
All good goalies I agree mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back