Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea have had a bid of 27 million rejected for Franck Kessie. FFS Everton just put a bid of 32 million and try our luck. This guy is the real deal.

Agreed. He's only 20 and he's an absolute beast. We'd have such a powerful midfield with him Gueye, Schneiderlen and Ross.
We're in a position where we might have to throw a few extra million in to get players who other clubs want but with the way prices are going buying young superstars is the way to go.

Reactions: Ivo
Zero cal sweetners. you know, the kind that don't do anything for you nutritionally, don't actually help you lose weight, but give you massive diarrhea if you have too much

or am I thinking of fake fat butter on popcorn. is this just an american problem?

Sorry... I meant I wouldn't class giving them kone, Gibson and mgeady as sweeteners...

Those teams already have 3 of the best squads in the league tho
Spurs and Chelsea but our squad is already far better then Liverpool, in fact I really thought they might go big this window, would of been worth the investment to make sure of top 4, glad they haven't!!

...not seeing anything new in this mornings rags. Linked with the same group of wingers, one report claims Oviedo is staying as cover whilst a few suggest McCarthy is a target for Palace and Newcastle.

Spurs are the perfect example of how the gap can be closed.

It's far from impossible. For every Griezmann teams buy, they'll also have a Robinho. Unlimited funds is where mistakes are made.

We need to buy smart and Donkor is exactly the type of player we should be going for.

He's a Germany u20 international I believe, looks a powerful player and for £1.5m we've got nothing to lose (that's if we even go for him after the loan!).

Unlimited funds also breeds a throwing the baby out with the bathwater mentality as well mate, poor season get rid of the manager, get rid of most of the players he brought in and buy new ones, when they struggle to gel - which they usually do, then rinse repeat and ship those off, change manager and around and around it goes.

United being a very good example over the past 4 years of this - and Liverpool too

What we need is quality in that Mirallas type position. Someone who can play wide in a 4231, or support Rom in the 352. If we got that player in then it's a good window. If we dont sign another then it's been slightly frustrating
That's Bolassie's position, so they won't spend money there until they know he is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back