Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's deffo true because it's come from Joyce.

It's probably, nah definitely, a reclamation project for Bill and a "Here's what can go wrong" from Unsworth.
that said imagine the praise and well.. utter brilliant job it would be by unsworth to actually manage to get this lads career back on track and somehow make a first team appearance. (long shot, but i guess the club feel he's former talent is worth taking)

that said is anyone actually that arsed? he's only going into the under 23'a he isnt going to be playing for us.

Mate it's terrible in my eyes.
He shouldn't be near our young lads.
This guy has totally disgraced his profession at least twice and lacks any respect of his employers.
Scum bag move by us if true.

I'm actually getting quite bored of reading all about the Under 23 all the time of late.
We have pressing needs in the Senior 11 that need immediate fixing.

Why? It's not a first team signing, it's not going to cost much at all. The kid is on his third strike so must know it's now or never. Don't see what can go wrong from our point of view... Unless he turns Davies, Dowell and Barkley into drugs mules!!!

Third strike? There is a reason why no one taken him on.
He's been caught twice. No doubt been regularly off his face .

This guy has totally disgraced his profession at least twice and lacks any respect of his employers.
i agree with you he has messed up. Twice, and if he's still in that scene then we'll get rid immediately, i'd imagine that is written in his contract.

But if he HAS changed then it isn't a big deal, it's actually a good thing for our lads to see, that's how a career is ruined if you act like this etc.

That would be my worry, should he be around our youth players? Maybe get him in to do a speech about what went wrong and how he went off track etc but I dont like the idea of him leading one or two of our youngstes off course.

i agree with you he has messed up. Twice, and if he's still in that scene then we'll get rid immediately, i'd imagine that is written in his contract.

But if he HAS changed then it isn't a big deal, it's actually a good thing for our lads to see, that's how a career is ruined if you act like this etc.

Except his career isn't ruined because he's probs going to earn minimum 100k for the year contract .

That would be my worry, should he be around our youth players? Maybe get him in to do a speech about what went wrong and how he went off track etc but I dont like the idea of him leading one or two of our youngstes off course.

My son trains at FF. There is no way he's being anywhere near Baxter

Except his career isn't ruined because he's probs going to earn minimum 100k for the year contract .
we don't know that mate.

Look i'm as skeptical as anyone. But i have worked and seen people who have been in a bad crowd, involved in drugs and yes who have had multiple chances.. be at the very bottom and then be offered one last lifeline and turn their life around.

I'm willing to see what the deal construdes and i'll give the lad a few months with the under 23's.. Unsworth isn't soft, he isn't stupid either if baxter hasn't changed he'll be gone instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back