Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chatter is minimal but WRD seems to have info. As for Keane, I think someone in here posted that it'll be more to make a deal in the summer which I think is the case.

15 could force their hand, especially if they risk losing him for less in a few months time. They'll stay up as there's about 6 teams worse than them in the division.

Still reckon they'd want more than £15m tbh C.

He's got what, 18 months left on his deal?

Middle of the season, he's been playing well, I still think they'd hold out for more like £20m (at the least). That could be me just been negative, like.

Would love him here though.

Think he's a much more realistic option than VVD and will be ideal as Jags' long-term successor.

WRD saying we have bid over £20m for an unnamed striker in the premier league... cant think of many off the top of my head? Arnautovic?
If it's £20M+ it could be any old tat. Koeman has done well at circa £10M purchases and has paid over the odds for mediocrity when buying for twice that amount.

Ronald on his weird trips I reckon.

Goes off on the source, mushys and beak for two days after a game - win, lose or draw - Maradona-esque.

Ends up rocking in on a Monday wired as tits, licking the remnants of flake from his baggie before his weekly meeting with Walsh, who just bombards him with random players from the arse-end of nowhere.

By the time it's all over big Ron's got the fear and just sacks training off to go on the golf course. By the time he's sobered up for Thursday's presser, he realises that in the last two days he's deemed Valencia and Kone as adequate back-ups for Rom, so just decides to slate the board or say the players are tosh.

Great stuff from Ron-Ko.
Fear and loathing at Finch Farm?

Was as good as Holgate when he was given a run in the first team. Can play LB or CB. A very poor decision to loan him to West Brom in hindsight.

Watched him at CB in pre-season.

He was a bit all at sea there - against Barnsley...

I think the loan made sense at the time tbh. He needed football under a good defensive coach and it could have worked out.

Ultimately it hasn't. He'll be stronger for the experience though.

As has been mentioned like, the only issue now is we will need LB cover should Bry indeed leave.

Still reckon they'd want more than £15m tbh C.

He's got what, 18 months left on his deal?

Middle of the season, he's been playing well, I still think they'd hold out for more like £20m (at the least). That could be me just been negative, like.

Would love him here though.

Think he's a much more realistic option than VVD and will be ideal as Jags' long-term successor.

Think it's 18 months yeah, but did Ian Ladyman say in the Mail that there's no chance of him signing a new deal?

That's why I think they'll look to cash in but quite possibly being in the summer.

Maybe we could work 15 and Jagielka - but swap deals never happen.

he looks a broken manager to me now mate. the way he was talking about "don't expect anyone I sign to make a difference" is really poor imo. Firstly as a player coming in that doesn't give you confidence and just generally it's a poor defeatist mentality to have.

His fall from grace has been quite rapid and spectacular.

He loved a moan at Everton too at times. I'm sure he's fuming currently at the lack of backing, but it's also relieving a bit of pressure and expectations are very low, which is often when he did best here.

He might have lost his ability to get performances out of weak sides as he used to, but he has a lot of games left yet to prove otherwise.

Is this like a couple of weeks ago when he said we were in for Mertens, or also like when he siad we were going all out for VVD?

He knows his stuff.

VVD is out for 3 months. I imagine that's partly the reason the trail has gone cold on that.

Well, along with the fact that both of those players are massively out of reach for the middle of the season as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back