Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more than happy with improving by selling dross and moving forward with good signings, I did think we squandered part of Stones money in summer but time will tell if we will do that again, positive is Lookman and Morgan are sound for me.

But we can only go so far on a sell to buy model look at saints a glass ceiling is there.

We won't be able to sell to buy like Dortmund as walsh isn't as good at his job as them lot.

I think my personal opinion is stadium is priority and the is a policy in place from the top but that is going off on a tangent

We have done good business in my eyes.

Shifted some utter tosh, signed good players, as a fan, that pleases me, vastly, its all I ask for really.

We have some young lids that are tearing it up, we have some quality footballers, 4 wins from 5, whats our name?

There is also the possibility that he has looked at the u23s / lower age groups and realized that he could save a fortune by just allowing them to come through.

Good post. The under 23s are flying, great team spirit, a lot of skill on display and top of that league by 6 points. Unsworth is doing something very right. And it's the handover to RK's team, why go spend 20 mil on a player in Europe that may not settle and may not be up for it when you have this level of talent in the team grounds. I think RK has found out how good our youth setup is and has improved it even more.

But, the argument is these players are not completely ready for the top level, prem week in and out. So, I also understand those that say the first 11 need reinforcing with some proven talent and that's something I and I guess loads of others would like to see emerge tomorrow. Maybe a couple in. If not, it's ok.

I for 1 disagree with this statement.

We currently have players out on loan that will either sign for the clubs they are currently at or be sold to another club that will add up to vastly more than the current incoming transfers we have acquired.

I mean this is not a negative manner, I have indeed maintained a stance that we wouldnt go crazy with the spending in this window if we didnt have a very good chance of claiming top 4.

We have operated a solid plan of removing "deadwood" from the squad, maintaining a solid STCC with regards wages due to loans and allowing us to operate in a more fluent manner in the summer.

Thats 1 way to look at it.

The other is that we are all been taken for utter mugs and The Mosh is leading us down the garden path.

Tune in tomorrow to find out.
I believe this has been a fantastic window for the club.

We signed a good young talent and a first choice target early doors to sort it out.

We have let go 5 squad players so far? Except selling players isn't why it's a great window. It's changing the mind set of the club whilst we have done that. To get rid of so many players in one go and not panic buy replacements tells me at least that the manager is laying the law down and setting a standard of player he expects at the club. Thst flows through everyone , so now there is less chance of players not performing because they know they will be binned off the next window that comes around.

And as for incoming, that's money off next seasons total, not this seasons.

Shifted some utter tosh, signed good players, as a fan, that pleases me, vastly, its all I ask for really.

We have some young lids that are tearing it up, we have some quality footballers, 4 wins from 5, whats our name?

I think on reflection some of my posts before went over top, do think we did well to remove our crap but i'd of been complete with a striker. Guess we have to pray Rom keeps up staying immortal and in high technique ;)

Hey mouts mate if we don't sign anyone tomorrow what will happen in the summer with the wages like ?

Keep the faith Browns.
faith-brown-02.webp

The season is effectively over IMO.

We can wait til the summer rather than pay crazy money, or go for C/D list players. Happy with all business done so far.

It will sting when we lose a few games mind, but not as much as when Moyes had us challenging for the top 4 only for us to regularly do nothing in January.

All things considered, I'd obviously like some signings tomorrow because it's exciting, but think back to the end of last season with the 'Martinez out' banner flying across the sky. If someone had said on Feb 1st you'll have;
Binned Roberto
Signed Koeman
Signed Walsh
Signed Morgan
Signed Gana (whom is proving to be one of the best in the league in his position)
Binned off Gibson
Binned off Oviedo
Binned off Cleverly
Binned off Niasse
Binned off Del
Binned off Kone (possibly)
Perfect league record to 2017 inc 4-0 city smashing

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, can anyone honestly say they would have thought twice about accepting that with a huge grin?

I said yesterday, Rom is important, but only 3 of the last 13 goals are his. He's important, but he's not all we are.

Edit: not to mention Davies blossoming and Lookman scoring on his debut... things are looking up for the Toffees

Great post....and a refreshing change

Hey mouts mate if we don't sign anyone tomorrow what will happen in the summer with the wages like ?

Honestly mate?

Not a clue just yet, its all a mess, cant even begin to get my head round it all.

Surely it would all depend on many, many factors, mostly revolving around Rom if truth be told, hand on heart, is 7th enough to "keep him"?

The USM FF and other things might sort us out STCC wise, it all depends.

Wiser men than me will look upon such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back