Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
End of the season will show if we were right not to bring anymore in, as more have said great getting rid of the dead wood and lookman looks a great talent for the future and schnderlin gives us more quality in the middle
We should be fine not really under to much pressure to get 7th, you never know a good run and a bit of luck we could even break into the top 6. I didn't want us spending on dross and that basically what's on offer at the end of the window.

So 15m net spend. That's nothing considering the new tv deal

I just don't see us ever having two top strikers at the club. We seem to just settle for weak back ups. If and when Rom goes I can't for the life of me see ya replacing him and getting in someone else even though it's clear we need someone and want someone (belfodil) is an example of that

It's actually loads more than other clubs.

LFC have a negative net spend of £10m+ spanning the last 2 windows, and look at how much more revenue they bring in.

We had the most expensive signing of this transfer window of any Premier League club with Schneiderlin.

End of the season will show if we were right not to bring anymore in, as more have said great getting rid of the dead wood and lookman looks a great talent for the future and schnderlin gives us more quality in the middle

We already know it was the right decision.

We already knew Gibson, Oviedo, Niasse, Cleverley and Kone were not good enough for us.

We are far better off using kids if there's an injury crisis, rather than known failures.

Just been waiting numerous windows for an attacking player with some actual brains and experience to counter the youth and inconsistencies in our front line.

It's not too much to ask from a crack squad of transfer getters with available money over the course of two windows

We aren't playing with one of them under Koeman mate though so I'm sorry, but we're off in a different direction.

We'll see how it works out.

But I think the days of craving a boss playmaker to make us tick may be over. We're operating in a different way (on the pitch) at the moment, and that doesn't vitally require a creator (which the system Martinez employed did) in the typical mould.

We aren't playing with one of them under Koeman mate though so I'm sorry, but we're off in a different direction.

We'll see how it works out.

But I think the days of craving a boss playmaker to make us tick may be over. We're operating in a different way (on the pitch) at the moment, and that doesn't vitally require a creator (which the system Martinez employed did) in the typical mould.

Koeman Out
Playmaker In

I'm happy he's got rid of most of the dead wood

However adding Baxter? Annoyed me. Rodriguez, Lennon and Jags out next hopefully

All the players currently out on loan also hopefully to leave except Brendon and Connolly
I'm happy at the moment for us to retain Jags and Lennon because them ,unlike many of the others have had a fair bit of game time this season. They can do a job if needed but I think they should be gone in the summer, but after so many leaving we do need squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back