Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The type of player we need to make us a top 4 team aren't going to be available in January.

We've done very well this window. It's the biggest clearout of deadwood in one window that I can recall.

No we acknowledge this is January and 99% of the quality is unavailable.

Fair enough, and I'm happy with the cull, but time will tell on this window. Injuries outside of center mid will stretch us and the first team is lacking competition from the rest of the squad.. Disappointed in our scouting network and negotiating teams failing to achieve much success improving the first team.

I'm happy he's got rid of most of the dead wood

However adding Baxter? Annoyed me. Rodriguez, Lennon and Jags out next hopefully

All the players currently out on loan also hopefully to leave except Brendon and Connolly

Baxter will never play for the first team. It's a shop window deal to get him back on his feet. He won't be at the club for the 2018/2019 season.

We just weren't arsed today I think, for whatever reason.

Or in the last week tbh.

The deals for the players koeman wanted weren't there, so we acted like all the other 'big' clubs have this window and didn't panic. We weren't just going to buy anybody.

Could we have done with one or two more? Yes?

Will any of the players we have let go come back to bite us? No, not in any way. There's five (possibly six) players there who have effectively been moved on and replaced by two quality additions and the emergence of two/three quality young players. The only issue is left-back, but Koeman doesn't seem worried.
Isn't Mori left footed he could always fill in at left back, Lescott use to.

Fair enough, and I'm happy with the cull, but time will tell on this window. Injuries outside of center mid will stretch us and the first team is lacking competition from the rest of the squad.. Disappointed in our scouting network and negotiating teams failing to achieve much success improving the first team.

Clearing out the deadwood is a massive part of getting ready for the summer window of getting targets in. If we are still short come September 1st you will be proved right but I severely doubt that will be the case.

If you read up on Steve Walsh and how he works, he plans 3-4 transfer windows ahead. The work this month is getting ready for the summer by moving on a lot of surplus to requirement players. We've done terrifically in that respect because moving players on is very difficult; a lot of clubs have players who like to sit on large deals and not play. You also need willing buyers/options for your surplus players.

I'm very pleased with this window. We have the best youth set up in the league with bags of talent coming through. Lets not forget DCL will be back from injury soon and he was about to have the same impact on the first team as Davies & Holgate before he got injured. The future is really bright. I'm more optimistic about Everton now than at any time in the last 10 years plus.

I quite like the attacking side of football and would like to kick Ronald in the balls for deciding to only add Bolasie and a two wee bairns to our collection of inconsistent and/or average options up there. Over two windows...

I'm willing to believe though that theres a decent enough overall plan and I might be much happier come the end of August. ....hopefully

Agreed. Gotta take a deep breath and evaluate it all. We brought in two players who will help out a lot and got rid of players who were unfortunately taking up space. I expect a big summer
Yes half the summers work is done, getting those players out. Will any of the loan senior players come back I doubt it though I would like Del Boy back if he can improve his work rate, other than that the others have had their time some done better than other but it was time to move them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back