Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said mate, wasn't singling you out for anything, just that on here people seem to think " oh , we could do with *insert players name * , he would be ace for us" then when the window shuts * ffs we missed out on * said player* " .. when in all reality the club were not even interested at all.

Nah I wasn't playing football manager; they are likely realistic targets amongst others. I'm certain Keane or VVD will come and I hope sending players to Sunderland might have started the Pickford conversations since they're all but relegated.

If a club is dormant on deadline day it is normally a good sign that they are in a good place and therefor don't need to panic buy, either that or they're skint.

We are not skint so therefor I am taking it as a good sign. Not in the sense of we have a complete squad we don't need to add to, as we don't, we are still a long way of that.

But in the sense that Koeman and Walsh have a clear structured vision of who they want and need to make the squad stronger and if that player is currently not available, they will not panic buy and wait to the summer, which we can afford to do as it is a transition year. Makes a fantastic change from the terrible recruitment record through the Martinez regime. Really good window for a January that.

because the players we wanted would not be sold by their clubs? why do you ALWAYS assume the negative, no-one above us strengthened(bar man city who had that deal set up months ago)

Ive been an Everton fan for 37 years.... most of that weve been proper shi*e

You cam powder coat all you want....

BUT until the new stadium is built or until we but loads of top players, it hasnt happened and it just the same as always...

Great window, some act like we should just be taking what players we want!!!

Noone above is has improved this window.

Wow.......

Just wow.....

So because they've not improved its fine that we havn't. You've been done by to many years of kenwright mate...

Wake up call..!!!!! All teams above are better and have better squads. Wasn't this the perfect time to catch up with a few quality signings.

I can't understand all this moaning, I really can't.
The club did a good business in my opinion, considering the fact that it was the January window when no much quality is available. We took the best player available and an exciting young prospect. But the best part is that we took advantage of other clubs' desperation and got rid of the deadwood. Superb management! Plus, we have to accept the fact that we could hardly move up the table (the only team above us that is overachieving is the RS and I don't see us finishing above them) and what we have should be enogh to keep the 7th spot, baring in mind the quality of the teams below us.
I think it is obvious that the process of assessing the first team by Koeman is now over and the youth is next. I am really excited by the possibility of more young Evertonians being included in the squad. I can see at least one more making the step to the first team.

Wow.......

Just wow.....

So because they've not improved its fine that we havn't. You've been done by to many years of kenwright mate...

Wake up call..!!!!! All teams above are better and have better squads. Wasn't this the perfect time to catch up with a few quality signings.

Erm, we have improved. Stop crying, your sounding pathetic lad.

Yes but who ??? everybody is saying this but nobody is actually coming up with any names of anybody who us realistically available... that will probably change come summertime I accept, but now ? In this window just gone ?

To be honest I don't think about potential names by and large as just a punter. 99% of transfer links are just jarg anyway and I doubt the powers that be are looking to GOT and other forums for suggestions.

We have Walsh and Koeman and a small army of other people whose job, amongst other things, is exactly to come up with names. The amount of manhours spent compiling scouting reports and the array of technology available to assess all aspects of a potential signing must be mind-boggling.

One thing they are not short of is names, the ability to pay for those signings is another thing entirely.

people saying we will do are business in the summer but if billy ball bag is doing the deals it will be just the same haggling crap most fans have gotten used to.

kanye-wtf.gif

I can't understand all this moaning, I really can't.
The club did a good business in my opinion, considering the fact that it was the January window when no much quality is available. We took the best player available and an exciting young prospect. But the best part is that we took advantage of other clubs' desperation and got rid of the deadwood. Superb management! Plus, we have to accept the fact that we could hardly move up the table (the only team above us that is overachieving is the RS and I don't see us finishing above them) and what we have should be enogh to keep the 7th spot, baring in mind the quality of the teams below us.
I think it is obvious that the process of assessing the first team by Koeman is now over and the youth is next. I am really excited by the possibility of more young Evertonians being included in the squad. I can see at least one more making the step to the first team.

OMG....this.....Evertonians in a nut shell/ Why start the league season mate. Whats the point in all this..... Unbelievable statement. Lets just not fukkin bother hey. We're on a great run, all teams above dropping point every week...LETS HAVE A PROPER GO!!!

I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE KENWRIGHT AN MOYES. THIS IS WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO US...!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back