Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.......

Just wow.....

So because they've not improved its fine that we havn't. You've been done by to many years of kenwright mate...

Wake up call..!!!!! All teams above are better and have better squads. Wasn't this the perfect time to catch up with a few quality signings.

I think the point that is being made mate is all those above us need something:

City- CMs, GK, Full backs etc
Utd- a LB, a holding midfielder, possibly a striker
Chelsea- a striker
Liverpool- everything
Spurs- a striker

So if these clubs have gone out looking at the market and don't think there's value, how can we?

Is there any point in signing players that wouldn't get in the spurs team? Because that's the next level down.

OMG....this.....Evertonians in a nut shell/ Why start the league season mate. Whats the point in all this..... Unbelievable statement. Lets just not fukkin bother hey. We're on a great run, all teams above dropping point every week...LETS HAVE A PROPER GO!!!

I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE KENWRIGHT AN MOYES. THIS IS WHAT THEY'VE DONE TO US...!!!!

Relax dude it's 9.30am.

Just glad we had everything preped and ready to go this window, 4 months of planning, lining up targets and contacting clubs
Do you believe that the squad could have been culled and shaped as it has been without thought and planning ?

In the history of transfer windows I doubt if there has ever been movement on a level with what we have seen from Everton in the last 31 days.

Wow.......

Just wow.....

So because they've not improved its fine that we havn't. You've been done by to many years of kenwright mate...

Wake up call..!!!!! All teams above are better and have better squads. Wasn't this the perfect time to catch up with a few quality signings.
Tbf they were and did have before yesterday and bar signing 5 world class straight into the team players they will continue to be so for some time yet.

Wow.......

Just wow.....

You don't think we have improved at all?

You don't think Schneiderlin is an improvement in the position he will come in? You don't think an exciting young talent like Lookman is a better option that Kone or Niasse?

You not possibly think the emergence of Holgate and Davies has saved the club having to go out and blow obscene amounts on over priced foreign players probably not even as good as them? But what fans clamour for because they have foreign names.

I mean, what is the point in an academy and U23 side if you are not going to unearth a few gems occasionally?

The summer will be interesting, but I think tat those who are expecting lots of signings will be disappointed.
I think that we will probably bring in no more than four/five and a couple of those to cover positions initially at least and probably a couple under 23s.

We already know that we wanted to sign Keane , so it will be him or a similar centre half.
We know we need cover at left back and I am not sure that anybody in the academy is ready to step up. I don't know how close Antonee Robinson is, but he was impressive before his injury.

I think we need a creative midfield.

We need another striker.

We need another wide player for the days we play with a back four.

Four, maybe five and of course it depends on who is coming through from the academy.

Clubs don't like to sell during January, clubs are either pushing for league/Europe/cups or fighting relegation.

The tv money has removed a lot of the financial burden on clubs to sell their assets when crazy money is thrown at them.

People want us to buy for the sake of buying?? Look where that has got us in the past, we'd be back to square one with pointless players on huge salaries keeping the bench warm.

It's taken koeman a month to put this club on a new path and remove the absolute tosh from our team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back