Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
A centre mid and a pacey centre half are imperative.

A young left back would be proactive.

Still lacking a natural right winger other than Walcott.

Would say centre forward but honestly have no idea who we could get.

Centre back: Konate
Midfield: Tonali
Wide right: Hamez
Centre forward Ibra

Sign Konate + Tonali. Hamez and Ibra till end of season with an option to extend ibra and a purchase option for Hamez.

Fun times.

Don't think we should over spend in Jan.
Whole squad is on trial. The ones who perform will stay. Sure everyone will get a go.
Powerful no nonsense CB, two wingers creative with pace, striker, holding mid in the Kante / Ndidi mould and a creative midfielder. I understand that's 6 players, but offloading Keane, Gylfi, Iwobi, Cenk and even Davies can accommodate this

We simply have to bring a central midfielder of sorts in, even if only on loan till the end of the season. Holgate can then go back to CB but we still nned a better option just incase him or Mina get injured and Keane has to play, and Carlo tends to like his CB to be pretty decent on the ball and with a bit of pace so hopefully that's Keane's days numbered. I'm not to worried about a striker at the moment as hopefully Carlo can work with Kean and get him scoring which will be like having a new player tbh. Other stuff like a right winger and things can wait till the summer imo.

Central Midfield is VITAL! We have options but the standard needs to improve or ship out.

Gbamin due back in January so Feb most likely.

Delph is worrying injury prone, surprised because we said he was(!) He'll be fit in time for Boxing Day.

Gomez is out until next season.

Centre back: Konate
Midfield: Tonali
Wide right: Hamez
Centre forward Ibra

Sign Konate + Tonali. Hamez and Ibra till end of season with an option to extend ibra and a purchase option for Hamez.

Fun times.
You don't buy James when you're in 16th and push him wide right

Yeah was rumoured he turned down barca and real for them but a few days later the same media site (i forgot which) said Juve and United were in for him.

Unless youve seen different?

Id love Tonali here...love it.
It was the most recent thing id seen, we are being linked with Zielinski (one of Carlo's former players) and N'Zonzi also at the moment i see.

If we cant get a decent CB in from abroad I wouldnt mind a look at the Dunk.

Proper no nonsense CB grock who's a threat from set pieces.

Missed that old school English CB - something I hoped Keane would be but is actually a pussycat.

Not buying him...loan for end of the season with an option.

Id put him in the Beckham position...not sure he would cut it in the premier league centrally.
He had 5 goals and 3 assists in about 850 minutes of time playing centrally in the Bundesliga last year but sure not good enough to play in midfield for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back