Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

We lack a KDB, David Silva, that type, I know you dont like Gomes, but hes a wonderful footballer for me, but hes not really a David Silva or KDB.
Well yeah that's the thing with Gomes is he's kind of in between being that and being a more standard defensive midfield. It makes it hard to pin down what he's actually doing sometimes. Add in the horrid games that seem to come around every month or two and it starts to be hard to rate him.

The closest out there to that type that isn't in a top team is Grealish. I don't know how I feel about that.

We lack a KDB, David Silva, that type, I know you dont like Gomes, but hes a wonderful footballer for me, but hes not really a David Silva or KDB.

im really hoping Don carlo can find us a david silva type player . we are in desperate need for that sort of playmaker.

Not sure what Gomes is really. hes ok , is he all that ? I don't know.

I suppose hes our quarter back type player . im thinking Don Carlo might utilise him in a different way though, as we wont always play 4-2-3-1 like silva insisted on... there will be a variety of roles for players in different systems with Carlo

I think he's a good player anyway. Underrated for them lot.
I just don't know what he does that's useful. He's not driving the team forward either with passing or dribbling, he's not creating things, he's not winning the ball back a ton. I just think he's kind of out there. Very Tom Cleverley.

Well yeah that's the thing with Gomes is he's kind of in between being that and being a more standard defensive midfield. It makes it hard to pin down what he's actually doing sometimes. Add in the horrid games that seem to come around every month or two and it starts to be hard to rate him.

The closest out there to that type that isn't in a top team is Grealish. I don't know how I feel about that.

Yeah agree with Gomes regarding his role, hes not a 6 or an 8, hes kind of both, he excels in the middle of the park, but any further and hes a bit meh. Grealish is a great little player, but hes not doing bits every week.

Yeah agree with Gomes regarding his role, hes not a 6 or an 8, hes kind of both, he excels in the middle of the park, but any further and hes a bit meh. Grealish is a great little player, but hes not doing bits every week.
It's hard for Grealish because there is no quality at all ahead of him so a lot of his good work gets wasted. I think he'd be tough to handle in a team with actual threats up top.

I just don't know what he does that's useful. He's not driving the team forward either with passing or dribbling, he's not creating things, he's not winning the ball back a ton. I just think he's kind of out there. Very Tom Cleverley.

He's not in the side to do that. He covers, does the simple things well, is disciplined, great defensively. He's not flashy so you might not notice him but they're the types of players I personally rate highly. Give Lazio a watch and you'll see why he's so important for them.

He's not in the side to do that. He covers, does the simple things well, is disciplined, great defensively. He's not flashy so you might not notice him but they're the types of players I personally rate highly. Give Lazio a watch and you'll see why he's so important for them.
I thought we were talking about Torreira still? At any rate that description is also applicable to Morgan Schneiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back