Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever it is they need to be top class.

That Todibo at Barca seems a similar type to Holgate. That could be good enough either side of Mina.

Yeah most likely although never know, he may have seen how Ancelotti developed others in his position and decide he wants to play under him.

If not him then hopefully someone similar.
If we are playing 3 at the back, and the one constant throughout Ancelotti's career has been a back 4, we need the person on the left to be left footed. In fact we need a left footer regardless but for three at the back another right footer is a non-starter.

If we are playing 3 at the back, and the one constant throughout Ancelotti's career has been a back 4, we need the person on the left to be left footed. In fact we need a left footer regardless but for three at the back another right footer is a non-starter.

Normally id agree but Holgate looks very good on the left side.

Really depends on who is available...the 3 definitely looks beneficial to Mina and Sidibe.

Whoever it is they need to be top class.

That Todibo at Barca seems a similar type to Holgate. That could be good enough either side of Mina.

Yeah most likely although never know, he may have seen how Ancelotti developed others in his position and decide he wants to play under him.

If not him then hopefully someone similar.

Can’t see him going after that sort of midfielder. In any case, if you’d like us to play with a back 3 in future you do not sign a player like Tonali.

So am I; didn't think we had a hope in hell of bringing in Ancelotti and today he wins his first game in charge.
The difference with players is that very rarely do they have their reputation drop to the point that someone like us become what they can get even though they are still very good at what they do. Koulibaly has no reason to only have us as an option. The one player who might be in that position is James.

Can’t see him going after that sort of midfielder. In any case, if you’d like us to play with a back 3 in future you do not sign a player like Tonali.

Why not?

FWIW i dont think we'll be 3 at the back next season, just for the rest of this season to settle things down.

The difference with players is that very rarely do they have their reputation drop to the point that someone like us become what they can get even though they are still very good at what they do. Koulibaly has no reason to only have us as an option. The one player who might be in that position is James.

Him competing with Bernard for that 10 spot behind the front 2 would be exciting.

I don’t think we’ll do an actual back 3 ever.

And why not? Because you’re basically doubling up on a position. Tonali drops into defence to collect the ball so he’d just be in the way.
If you look through Ancelotti's whole career the one constant is a back 4. Even today was closer to a back 4 than 3 CBs after about 25 minutes.

I don’t think we’ll do an actual back 3 ever.

And why not? Because you’re basically doubling up on a position. Tonali drops into defence to collect the ball so he’d just be in the way.

Depends on how you viewed the game today i think...

For me it looked alot like this (changing to 433 later and quite fluid)

Pickford
Coleman Mina Holgate
Sidibe Sigurdsson Delph Digne
Bernard
DCL Richarlison
With Coleman and Holgate coming down the flanks with the ball and then reverting to a back two when one pushed up the pitch. Reminded me a bit of Sheffield United...

I think perhaps Gbamin would be a good option as a centre midfielder if we went with that because he can slot into the defence allowing both full backs to push on.

Id definitely go for Tonali or a similar profile of player...very good all rounder and not just the passer i thought he was at first.

A centre back and a centre mid and I'd be happy in Jan

Depends on how you viewed the game today i think...

For me it looked alot like this (changing to 433 later and quite fluid)

Pickford
Coleman Mina Holgate
Sidibe Sigurdsson Delph Digne
Bernard
DCL Richarlison
With Coleman and Holgate coming down the flanks with the ball and then reverting to a back two when one pushed up the pitch. Reminded me a bit of Sheffield United...

I think perhaps Gbamin would be a good option as a centre midfielder if we went with that because he can slot into the defence allowing both full backs to push on.

Id definitely go for Tonali or a similar profile of player...very good all rounder and not just the passer i thought he was at first.

A centre back and a centre mid and I'd be happy in Jan

Yeh it was a 3 in possession however if we had 3 centre halves on the pitch it wouldn’t really work unless one of them can be a right-back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back