Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh it was a 3 in possession however if we had 3 centre halves on the pitch it wouldn’t really work unless one of them can be a right-back too.

Coleman works there as does Holgate...

Someone like Koulibaly or a Militao type would work as well...

Will be interesting to see who we go for.

Keane looks on his way out the door...

I know signing Ancelotti has everyone thinking big but you should probably lower your expected targets a good bit. There is still quality out there but Militao and Koulibaly are way above our class for now.

Some said the same about Ancellotti , do you think he's the type of manager that accepts second best.
I've said this multiple times but here it goes again. With Ancelotti we were able to get him because he was out of a job and we were his option. We took advantage of his stock being down and had the opportunity to make it happen as unlike everyone else we had the current need for a manager. If Napoli don't sack him until summer this probably doesn't happen.

That doesn't happen with players. First off there are windows where every single club is looking to make transfers so we will rarely have the floor to ourselves. Secondly most players don't lose their reputation with something such as a sacking. Everyone knows Koulibaly is good. We wouldn't under any circumstance be his best option if he was looking to leave Napoli.

This is why I mention James Rodriguez a lot. Because he is the one example I can think of that is someone who is still really good but also out of favor enough that we might be what he can get currently. It's sort of what happened with Payet and Wham. There are probably other examples but someone like Koulibaly who is a top 5-10 players not currently at a mega rich club is not someone who fits. I just don't see it. It smells like when we shot our load at Witsel for an entire summer.

I've said this multiple times but here it goes again. With Ancelotti we were able to get him because he was out of a job and we were his option. We took advantage of his stock being down and had the opportunity to make it happen as unlike everyone else we had the current need for a manager. If Napoli don't sack him until summer this probably doesn't happen.

That doesn't happen with players. First off there are windows where every single club is looking to make transfers so we will rarely have the floor to ourselves. Secondly most players don't lose their reputation with something such as a sacking. Everyone knows Koulibaly is good. We wouldn't under any circumstance be his best option if he was looking to leave Napoli.

This is why I mention James Rodriguez a lot. Because he is the one example I can think of that is someone who is still really good but also out of favor enough that we might be what he can get currently. It's sort of what happened with Payet and Wham. There are probably other examples but someone like Koulibaly who is a top 5-10 players not currently at a mega rich club is not someone who fits. I just don't see it. It smells like when we shot our load at Witsel for an entire summer.
You obviously know nothing about the relationship ( or the pull) Ancellotti has with any of his players past or present.

So wait and see eh.

Nah can’t see Keane leaving, need subs don’t we.

I think with Coleman showing hes able to slot in at RCB we would need 2 centre backs still (4 total) to move Keane on.

Probably summer but hopefully moved on in Jam while he still holds some value...he'll want to get back in the england team so would probably want a move to get games.

I know signing Ancelotti has everyone thinking big but you should probably lower your expected targets a good bit. There is still quality out there but Militao and Koulibaly are way above our class for now.

I didnt mean those 2 necessarily...an example of 2 players who can play CB but also slot in at full back looking at todays tactics.

In reality we would need 2 more centre backs signed i think...one who can play central and wide in a 3 and the other wide left in a 3.

Lets see...

James will become another Delph and we don't need a 28 year old, injury prone copy of Gylfi

Lo Celso doesn't seem to get much game time at all, Jovic at Madrid too. Probably won't get either but I'd love us to try. Both looked great last season + any international matches i've seen of them.

Probably will go for some bum like Morelos though.

Tosun linked to Fenerbahce...Niasse has been linked back to turkey as well..

Would be amazing if we sold both.

The problem is we need Homegrown players.

At this point I think we all want rid of Snides, Iceland, Walcott, Keane, plus Baines out of contract at end of season, but I doubt they all go in the next 12months due to that would leave us with only 5 HG players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back