Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give one example. When people here were having their views on lookman you were completely dismissive. How he was goin to be a top player and go and tear the German league apart .
Any one who suggested he had a bad attitude or was all that was told they were wrong.
So far he has hardly kicked a ball.
I will still push back on the idea that his attitude is bad. There was one quote from one press conference that said as much. The rest came down to a bunch of body language reading and I personally think that is a load of horse crap.

And we still have no creative players. Maybe Lookman is crap but the course of action we have chosen hasn't exactly been massively successful. I mean I'd take Lookman back tomorrow if he wanted because our wingers are that bad. Bernard had his best game of the season today and it still involved almost zero end product.

Taking this back to transfers briefly, I think someone who can produce a consistent final ball is such a clear first priority right now that doing anything else aside from maybe getting a CB for depth would be madness.

I try to actually put some reasoning behind what I say. If that's being a "know it all" then so be it. I'm more than willing to have a discussion with anyone but too often, and you're close to the top of the list for this, people want to simply tell me you're wrong or tell me I don't know anything. It would be nice if instead of saying this...

...people might phrase it in a way that doesn't start with you know nothing if you see things differently. But apparently I'm the one who has the problematic posts.

Anyway we will see. There was a lot of talk about Klopp going back to Dortmund for Reus and Gotze when he first got to the RS and as far as I know that never happened. I think I remember links with Pep and Thiago at Bayern when he first got to City and that also hasn't come about.
Merry Xmas :coffee:

Don’t care mate I want that Mohawk here. One of the most two-footed players I’ve ever seen.
He was a real favorite of mind way back when they had him, Lavezzi and Cavani ruining teams. I think in recent years he's played deeper but legs aren't what they were I'm afraid. I would have loved having him 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back