Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah he's great. Would be the best player we've signed since Kanchelskis. It isn't even really close. Lukaku grew into that level but he wasn't there when he signed.

Of course he would be our best player.

Hes a level above everything we have.

Just when he first broke onto the scene I thought he was gonna be an utter wordly, cant say I watch him a lot, but dont think hes grown into the player I thought.

Anderson Talisca is a boss player.

The two positions we badly need to strengthen are centre back and centre mid.

I’m torn about strikers because we need to try to get Kean firing - if we can pull it off he’ll be a great player. I can’t see us getting any top strikers in January anyway.

Options for centre back we should look at are:
  • Palomino - Atalanta, out on contract in the summer.
  • Djene - Getafe, only 5’10” but has been outstanding for them over a few seasons now.
  • Upamecano - RB Leipzig, expensive option but tall, fast, can pass, and has experience playing for a good side for a couple of seasons. Young, so would be a great investment
  • Zouma - we all know he’s a talent and we could go back in for him. Chelsea will spend money this window and their awful form could force their hand on a few positions. If he’s available for anywhere around £30-35m it’s a no brainer.
  • Elvedi - playing really well for Gladbach. Cheap buys from that league usually. On another note, how did we not go for Thuram? £11m and has dominated that league so far.
Options for centre mid:
  • Fabian - Napoli, 23 and does everything in midfield. Carlo will know him well and he’s broken into the Spain set up. Wouldn’t be cheap.
  • Milinkovic-Savic - Lazio, 24, great going forward and a physical beast. Would cost big money but it’s an important position.
  • Merino - Real Sociedad, 23, dominant all round midfielder. Would fit us really well.
  • Tonali - Brescia, 19 and the next big thing in Italy.
  • Camavinga - Rennes (3rd in the league), only turns 17 last month but has played almost every game for them this season and has been outstanding. Get him before he’s a superstar somewhere else.
Another no brainer is Jarrod Bowen. Right wing, bags of goals, 6 months left on his deal.

Pics are you stupid read my message.

Heres a picture of him Carlos.

6h8C6ygTdR2jyyUxkALwsc-1200-80.jpg

Of course he would be our best player.

Hes a level above everything we have.

Just when he first broke onto the scene I thought he was gonna be an utter wordly, cant say I watch him a lot, but dont think hes grown into the player I thought.
To me it is mostly injuries. Since leaving Monaco he's averaging a goal or assist every 105 minutes or so. I'm not sure if that's a worldy to you or not but at that rate he's getting 20+ if he can get to 2500 minutes in a season which is a normal amount for a good player if he's healthy.

The health thing is a concern obviously but if we're being honest no player of that level is anywhere near obtainable for us if they don't have some issue. I'd take the risk.

To me it is mostly injuries. Since leaving Monaco he's averaging a goal or assist every 105 minutes or so. I'm not sure if that's a worldy to you or not but at that rate he's getting 20+ if he can get to 2500 minutes in a season which is a normal amount for a good player if he's healthy.

The health thing is a concern obviously but if we're being honest no player of that level is anywhere near obtainable for us if they don't have some issue. I'd take the risk.

But he hasnt scored more than 13 in a season.

I wont pretend I watch him a lot, but I was expecting stellar figures from the boy after that World cup.

But anyway, im just being silly, Hamez walks into our side.

But he hasnt scored more than 13 in a season.

I wont pretend I watch him a lot, but I was expecting stellar figures from the boy after that World cup.

But anyway, im just being silly, Hamez walks into our side.
I mean he got 7 last year in 1100 minutes. I honestly can't say I paid close enough attention to know whether that was an injury, which it probably was as he's hurt a lot, or falling out of favor, which also seems to weirdly happen a lot, but either way that's really good for a midfielder and I'd honestly have Carlo on the phone now trying to make it happen.

It isn't just a stat thing for me either. He's one of the 5 or so players I just love watching and I'd go crazy if he came here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back