Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn’t you have to watch him every week to know that though?

Fair point this but any time I've seen Bayern on BT Sport it was Thiago pulling the strings and Rodriguez was more trying to make things look pretty. Coutinho for me is by far the superior player.

No way I have watched him nearly enough though because he seems capable of brilliance. Be a pretty big statement to bring him here.

Looking at the formation today we are in need of:

Left Side Centre Back - Holgate is ok but very limited and we have no balance to the side.

Right Back - Coleman played very well but footballing wise, he isn't too a high standard and he is often shown up.

Centre Midfield - Delph and Sigurdsson was like pulling teeth today in the middle and with so much football still to play, we need fresh legs and ideally someone who can finally replace Gueye.

Right Winger - We have used Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Richarlison and even Sidibe. Genuine pace and purpose down that wing would counter balance our "go down the left" tactic since Baines and Pienaar.

Striker - DCL is improving more and more but I think an experienced striker would benefit our play so much.

Come January I expected at least 3 positions filled so do your magic Mr Brands

Fair point this but any time I've seen Bayern on BT Sport it was Thiago pulling the strings and Rodriguez was more trying to make things look pretty. Coutinho for me is by far the superior player.

No way I have watched him nearly enough though because he seems capable of brilliance. Be a pretty big statement to bring him here.

Yeh I mean I don’t even know if there’s a link. Depends on Carlo’s preferred formation in the end for us as James only works tip of a diamond.

Looking at the formation today we are in need of:

Left Side Centre Back - Holgate is ok but very limited and we have no balance to the side.

Right Back - Coleman played very well but footballing wise, he isn't too a high standard and he is often shown up.

Centre Midfield - Delph and Sigurdsson was like pulling teeth today in the middle and with so much football still to play, we need fresh legs and ideally someone who can finally replace Gueye.

Right Winger - We have used Walcott, Iwobi, Bernard, Richarlison and even Sidibe. Genuine pace and purpose down that wing would counter balance our "go down the left" tactic since Baines and Pienaar.

Striker - DCL is improving more and more but I think an experienced striker would benefit our play so much.

Come January I expected at least 3 positions filled so do your magic Mr Brands

Our problem isnt defence, its attack, not quite sure what difference Gana would make to this side.

Doubt we loan any more than 2 players personally.

Our problem isnt defence, its attack, not quite sure what difference Gana would make to this side.

In defense we aren't bad but we have no real pace in the centre and balance wise our left side going forward out guns our right but then defensively it struggles. A left sided centre back would slot in perfect and give Digne more protection plus able to move the ball quick and naturally down that side.

Regarding the Gana player, he gave us legs in the middle of the park which Delph and Gylfi will never be able to achieve. Broke down so many attacks and pressed team tremendously.

We miss him so badly, in terms of last season, we had the same attack but never got rinched as much as we do now. He was our best player by far.

Carlo will likely play a 442 / 442 Diamond or 433 - we needs genuine engines in the middle for this to work

In defense we aren't bad but we have no real pace in the centre and balance wise our left side going forward out guns our right but then defensively it struggles. A left sided centre back would slot in perfect and give Digne more protection plus able to move the ball quick and naturally down that side.

Regarding the Gana player, he gave us legs in the middle of the park which Delph and Gylfi will never be able to achieve. Broke down so many attacks and pressed team tremendously.

We miss him so badly, in terms of last season, we had the same attack but never got rinched as much as we do now. He was our best player by far.

Carlo will likely play a 442 / 442 Diamond or 433 - we needs genuine engines in the middle for this to work

I dunno, think Carlo would prefer a passer at 6.

Think it will be next season before we see how he wants us to set up, for now hes just going with whos fit.

Gana wins the ball upfield and can start the counter. Definitely an offensive weapon in that regard.

Not sure he is the type of midfielder Ancelotti wants though. Under Silva he made much more sense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back