Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye would be happy with a top CB and CM but I cant take much more of Bambi upfront.

Imagine having a Isco or Zielinski desperately waiting to release a perfectly timed ball only for DCL to not make any kind of incisive run into the box.

For me the creative midfielder and striker go hand in hand - no point having one without the other.
He’s fine for now, unless someone incredible suddenly becomes available we should wait till summer

They have only shown fruitful from a system of long ball / crosses into the box.

If thats Ancelotti's style he may well keep it however I feel if he is serious of breaking into the top 4 he will need alot more than that in the arsenal.
Richarlison did a lot more than that yesterday. DCL has shown consistent improvement. I don't think writing off either as unable to adapt is fair.

Also we have no players who can create chances any other way so how do we know they couldn't do it if we had those players?

If we had any sense:

Tosun - sold

Kean - loan to an English club to play regulary

In:

ST
CM

CB can wait until the summer.

Last edited:

First step in January has to be to shift out as many of this current squad as is possible. Huge task ahead.

I don't expect much in January tbh. Maybe a CB or CM. Be surprised if more than one first team player came in.

I agree with that I think a strong and experienced midfielder transforms this team.
There’s enough in defence and attack until summer.
I heard someone mention Matic as a player Ancelotti worked with at Chelsea wouldn’t mind him on a short term loan well out of favour at the moment.

Honestly unless we somehow beat Liverpool in the cup, there’s not much left to play for this season. If there’s not obvious value, I’d prefer we save our coins and splash in the summer when we have a better idea of what Gbamin and Gomes might be able to offer after their injuries.

If we can shift a couple like Tosun and Niasse now though, that’d be ideal.

I agree with that I think a strong and experienced midfielder transforms this team.
There’s enough in defence and attack until summer.
I heard someone mention Matic as a player Ancelotti worked with at Chelsea wouldn’t mind him on a short term loan well out of favour at the moment.
Why would you want someone who is being kept out of the side by fred?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back