Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly unless we somehow beat Liverpool in the cup, there’s not much left to play for this season. If there’s not obvious value, I’d prefer we save our coins and splash in the summer when we have a better idea of what Gbamin and Gomes might be able to offer after their injuries.

If we can shift a couple like Tosun and Niasse now though, that’d be ideal.
I get this mind process but there is plenty to play for this season given who we have as manager.

We are a few wins away from being in Europa League contention and that brings a whole new level of clout in the summer. God forbid ancelotti gets a tune of these players and even 5th is achievable given the number of games left.

Now we aren't finishing 5th this season but potentially we can do. That is worth investing in next month because one player could be the catalyst for the ancelotti team to kick on long term.

I agree with that I think a strong and experienced midfielder transforms this team.
There’s enough in defence and attack until summer.
I heard someone mention Matic as a player Ancelotti worked with at Chelsea wouldn’t mind him on a short term loan well out of favour at the moment.
We definitely don’t need some one paced over 30 crab defensive mid who offers nothing going forward and who now struggles to the defensive side of the game. There’s a reason he’s “well out of favour”. We don’t need any more ageing, mediocre, overpaid players - regardless of whether or not it’s a short term loan.

I get this mind process but there is plenty to play for this season given who we have as manager.

We are a few wins away from being in Europa League contention and that brings a whole new level of clout in the summer. God forbid ancelotti gets a tune of these players and even 5th is achievable given the number of games left.

Now we aren't finishing 5th this season but potentially we can do. That is worth investing in next month because one player could be the catalyst for the ancelotti team to kick on long term.
Thats fair. I just don’t see many game changers being available unless maybe their contracts have run down. All I’m saying is don’t reach this window because we think we have to make a splash. I’m sure Carlo has what he wants in mind.

He could go on loan but he won't leave permanently,he would lose to much dosh.

Even if someone paid half his wages. With Niasse gone in the summer that would free up a wage for a new striker. In the summer we need to do our business as much as possible and early so we have time to bed players in.

I would like January to be more about off loading if we can. Tosun tops the list along with Niasse. Hopefully a southern club will fancy Walcott maybe Watford.

Another centre back at least. I think the middle of the park needs looking at but with the injured players we may have to leave it or just get a loan.

Central midfield playmaker/box to box player is key we are very short there.Probably on loan.

Delph Isn't reliable, Sig isn't good enough, Davies is a squad player. Gomes is out long term and who knows how Gbamin will come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back