January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Carlo does not go to conservative in Jan - we need CB, CM and a striker. The concerns are still there in some areas of the squad and the new manager bounce will wear off at some point then will see the same player issues in the same area of the pitch reappear.

Brands needs to do his bit and get some out in Jan.

Could we afford Lorenzo Insigne from Napoli in January? A report on TeamTalk says the forward has become unsettled since the departure of Carlo Ancelotti to Everton. Might he go back in for a striker who seems happy to be under our manager? Could we even tempt someone like him?

fair enough mate, Ive always liked Wanyama think he adds a goal threat aswell to what Nzonzi would bring. Hes barely played in 18 months though so theres the added effort of bringing him upto speed on what could essentially be a 3 month loan

i was always gutted we never tried to land Dembele when he was being pushed out at spurs too
Dembele yeah. Wanyama is a liability. Worse than Schneiderlin for me. Got one goal of note against the RS. Was a worldy mind. Wanyama is a very horse of epic proportions.

Hopefully Carlo does not go to conservative in Jan - we need CB, CM and a striker. The concerns are still there in some areas of the squad and the new manager bounce will wear off at some point then will see the same player issues in the same area of the pitch reappear.

Brands needs to do his bit and get some out in Jan.

Thats the worry - I hope he and the board are not content with 8th-11th and actually look at the table and see we have 18 games to play and only 5/6 points off 6th/7th europe.

We all know that all it takes is 1-2 new signings and clubs can have a massive uplift in the 2nd half of the season (Jelavic for us, Cisse for Newcastle, Tielemans for Leicester, Van Dijk for that lot ) just some examples of signings that lifted a team to a solid finish.

A top CM and proper CF coming in with Gbamim back to fitness and we would be flying.

Thats the worry - I hope he and the board are not content with 8th-11th and actually look at the table and see we have 18 games to play and only 5/6 points off 6th/7th europe.

We all know that all it takes is 1-2 new signings and clubs can have a massive uplift in the 2nd half of the season (Jelavic for us, Cisse for Newcastle, Tielemans for Leicester, Van Dijk for that lot ) just some examples of signings that lifted a team to a solid finish.

A top CM and proper CF coming in with Gbamim back to fitness and we would be flying.

dont see a striker coming in myself, he seems to like having DCL and richarlison as a pairing. we then have Kean and *shudders* cenk

personally just see a centre mid and maybe someone like Mertens (about 8 mill) who can play up front and a winger if we do.

Centre backs have gone through the roof price wise think well hang on after holgates rise

Kessie on loan would be a no-brainer whilst Gbamin + Gomes are out long-term. Then hopefully offload Schneiderlin in the summer. Hope we don't go back in for Doucoure or Zaha.

Dries Mertens has not agreed a Napoli extension, so Atletico Madrid have joined the list of clubs interested in the Belgian hitman.
His contract is due to expire at the end of the season and there is a €10m release clause valid for the first 10 days in January, only for clubs outside of Italy.
Inter, Manchester United, Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton and teams in China have all been linked with a bid for Mertens.
Now Spanish newspaper AS claims Atletico Madrid are also keeping an eye on his situation, seeing him as an alternative to Edinson Cavani from Paris Saint-Germain.
Mertens is 32 years old and only started playing as a centre-forward under Maurizio Sarri, but remains a winger for Belgium.
It remains to be seen where he’ll feature under new Napoli coach Gennaro Gattuso’s 4-3-3 formation, but he has scored nine goals with four assists in 22 competitive games so far this season.

fair enough mate, Ive always liked Wanyama think he adds a goal threat aswell to what Nzonzi would bring. Hes barely played in 18 months though so theres the added effort of bringing him upto speed on what could essentially be a 3 month loan

i was always gutted we never tried to land Dembele when he was being pushed out at spurs too
Dembele admitted his legs were gone at Spurs. He said he couldn't help up with the pace of the league and that's why he moved on. Class player but if they are admitting they are done, they're done.

Dembele admitted his legs were gone at Spurs. He said he couldn't help up with the pace of the league and that's why he moved on. Class player but if they are admitting they are done, they're done.

i was under the impression he meant playing League and CL games rather than the premier league in general but fair enough. was lovely to watch one of the breakthrough players of belgiums current generation really too

i was under the impression he meant playing League and CL games rather than the premier league in general but fair enough. was lovely to watch one of the breakthrough players of belgiums current generation really too
It's possible he did mean that but when he left we were in the Europa I think so it would still be the 2 games a week for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back