January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think January is the month for loans. Good players on good teams arent going to be sold this window, unless you massively overpay. However, there are usually a lot of good players available for loan. That is because the top teams may have thought they were going to use certain players more, but as the season has played out someone else has outplayed them at the position, or a young player has emerged, leaving a valuable asset with almost no playing time and disgruntled. Loaning them out to someone like Everton lets them get the valuable playing time and showcase their skills for a buyer in the summer. Win-win for everyone.

CB, CM and ST, in that order, need to be purchased.

I see maximum a CB being signed in January. But if we got two of the three I think we could make a push for 4th.

Loans might be particularly interesting under Ancelotti.

I don't think we have the budget or pull to attract what are considered top-bracket players, but for anyone floating closer to that bracket than what we are used to, and out of favour at their present club, we would represent a very attractive option with Ancelotti, on a short-term basis.

The loan market has always served us very well in general - we should continue to factor in this option as part of the overall strategy.

Of course we have the money, I think we sign a few players one perm on loan and summer spend like there’s no tomorrow

there is a spanish website linking us with a move for James Rodriguez at Real Madrid. 50 million Euros, for a player who has spent much of his time away from madrid on loan at Bayern, where ancelotti was manager, he has been injury prone at times during his carer, but certainly a talented lad. I would prefer a loan, with a fee agreed if im honest, just because im not sure he will stay fit or suit the rough and tumble of english football. Real might be open to that becasue they did that when he went to Bayern and despite doing quite well there Bayern chose not to pay the 42 million euro fee at the end of the loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back