Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be honest Zatman, I've not been covering footy nearly as much in the last six months and, frankly, i'm quite glad! :D

I'd love us to be in for someone like Dani Olmo. He is a player I've thought has been great for a while. Tipped him to do well at the Euros in the summer and he did so that's my one little bit of scouting lol

Agree - Olmo and players of his profile exactly what we should be targeting IMO

CF
RW
CM
CB

the key areas over these next two windows.

CM & CF are key for me this window but would love a top class CB & goal scoring RW to replace Keane & Walcott in the summer.

Echo now running with the Todibo link, but I had a look at his stats and he has hardly any top flight experience. So it would be a bit of a punt, and he probably wouldn't be starting many games for us this season. Doesn't seem like a great fit, if his main reason for moving is that he wants to be starting more games.

Well you could say the same about mina

Just read we are in talks with Yannick Currasco's agent. He is 26 years old, predominantly left winger, can play right as well. He is currently in China, but looking to leave due to the new wage restrictions that have been introduced.
When he was at Athletico I thought he was a good player, I'm fairly sure the standard in China is worse than Spain, he may take a long time to get up to the speed and fitness the premier league demands. But could be a good player long term, for the right price

Let's be honest, we're not going to spend huge amounts of money in January window because it's not Brands preferred method and often it's not great value.

Ancelotti's been promised money and he'll want to improve, however I suspect that even he will be taking time to look at what we've got and consider our options.

I suspect that we'll look at where we need to improve as a priority (with urgency), and for me it's more likely that it will be a central midfielder and a wide player.

Gomes could take a long time to return, with no assurances he'll come back the same, and Gbamin is unproven and with similar injury concerns.

The issue with our wide attacking players is clear to see, especially as RIcharlison now seems to be thriving up front with DCL, so that'll be another priority.

That doesn't mean we do not need a striker or a centre back (we do!), but in the grand scheme of things I suspect these may just be left until the summer.

I still see this window most likely just being two loans. One CM who has fallen struggling for game time at a big club, and a similar CB. Maybe one purchase of a player struggling for playing time at a club like Real or Bayern and already wanting out.

Just read we are in talks with Yannick Currasco's agent. He is 26 years old, predominantly left winger, can play right as well. He is currently in China, but looking to leave due to the new wage restrictions that have been introduced.
When he was at Athletico I thought he was a good player, I'm fairly sure the standard in China is worse than Spain, he may take a long time to get up to the speed and fitness the premier league demands. But could be a good player long term, for the right price

...I posted that in this morning’s round-up at 06.30am, not sure if it’s agent talk given he’s very keen to leave China.

I'd be all out to bring in two top quality CM's

It's our biggest weakness

Dont think we will considering we have Gbamin & Gomes back next season.

I dont rate Gomes tbh but I have a feeling Gbamin will be a good player for us once he is fit and upto speed.

Dont think we will considering we have Gbamin & Gomes back next season.

I dont rate Gomes tbh but I have a feeling Gbamin will be a good player for us once he is fit and upto speed.

Bring in two top midfielders and let the other crowd battle it out for a place

Morgan/Davies and Gyilf can get jogged right on, Delph for depth, Gbamin and Gomes will have to shift the big boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back