Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, question 2 after Ake Q1, why is everyone hating Zouma? He would be quality for us, some pleayers dont fit certain styles or systems, when it comes to Chelsea you only have to look at Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah and re-buying David Luiz (maybe matic too), to see that because a player struggles with one team, does not mean he wont suit another.

So here goes: Zouma > Ake. Really dont get the hype with Ake.

COME AT ME BRO?!

I wouldnt touch either of them.

Totally lost me there?

So, what I mean is from an accounting perspective (for FFP), if you take Walcott as an example, because our accounting year runs from 1st July to 30th June, the fact that he has 1.5 years on his contract today would be counted as 2 years for FFP as it only deals in full years - also when a player signed in January, if he signs a 4.5 year contract, it is counted as a 5 year contract for accounting purposes?

I see Chelsea are being linked with centre halves. Wonder if Zouma might be available.

Would people have him back?

This is exactly what we need to stop doing. If he's not good enough for Chelsea, he's not good enough for us. If you go against this, you end up in the situation we are in now, lots of high wages, players that are OK (or not even ok), but not brilliant, not what we need to be doing.

Okay, question 2 after Ake Q1, why is everyone hating Zouma? He would be quality for us, some pleayers dont fit certain styles or systems, when it comes to Chelsea you only have to look at Lukaku, De Bruyne, Salah and re-buying David Luiz (maybe matic too), to see that because a player struggles with one team, does not mean he wont suit another.

So here goes: Zouma > Ake. Really dont get the hype with Ake.

COME AT ME BRO?!

I like Ake - we also as a club have a v good relationship with his agent (same agent as Walcott and until recently DCL).He's one of the better footballing centre backs. Passes the ball out well, pretty quick and is also left-footed which is a huge bonus.

He's on the short side for a centre back though and it's hard to tell just how good he is defensively because Bournemouth tend to be shambolic in defence

Did I see Chiellini out of contract, 35 but get him for 18 months, proper defender who they all could learn from.

Our forwards a fine our midfield behind them 'supplying' them are gash

Not for me - we could have KDB in midfield and I wouldnt feel confident in DCL, Kean & Tosun making the right runs into the are / slotting on a regular basis.

We definitely need creativity in midfield but once we get it fans will realise our Forwards are still absolutely average.

We need both areas addressing more so than the defence imo as Holgate and Mina can do a job until the summer - Man City game aside they held their own against Burnley & Newcastle.

It's all about who we can attract at this current time. Kurt Zouma is a better centre back than we currently have on our books. Zouma in, Keane out is a no brainer for me for the shorter term.

But it’s a lot of money for a band aid fix isn’t it? All it means is we’re looking for a Zouma replacement next window.

It’s just short-termism and financially dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back