Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s only a week into the window, only 2 clubs have done anything so far and that’s a team that didn’t need to and one that was desperate enough to loan a bang average player

The talk from the lads that spoke to Brands at Finch Farm is that we need to sell before buying to satisfy FFP. Who on earth would want half the tripe we need to get rid of? If that is the case we are stuck with these absolute mercenaries......

Well my projections of Carlo being given money to spend seem well wide of the mark.

We need to shift the deadwood (most of the playing squad qualify) before we can bring any fresh victims...er... I mean players...in.

The chances of that occurring are zero to none.

Close thread.

We need to take the approach moyes did when he first came in.

Move out the 28 / 29 plus players unless they are willing to change (like carseley did).

Only buy in young hungry players who want to improve.
Like I said the other day. No point in appointing Ancelotti then. I agree to certain extent that we need to mainly go for younger players, but I’m sure Ancelotti will want a few ready made players 25/29.

Well my projections of Carlo being given money to spend seem well wide of the mark.

We need to shift the deadwood (most of the playing squad qualify) before we can bring any fresh victims...er... I mean players...in.

Close thread.
Yay!!!!!

Close thread.
And the report from Italian Journalists was he didn’t need to take the job, would prefer London and was spending Christmas in Canada with his wife.

And would most likely wait until the summer. And while he’s on a very good wage( which I’m sure he would have got something similar in the summer)
So he’s given all that up, moved to the north of England to a club in turmoil and told he’s got no money and it’s sell to buy.

I’m not having it. Ok maybe we won’t do much this month. But I’m sure he will be given plenty in the summer to revamp the squad

And the report from Italian Journalists was he didn’t need to take the job, would prefer London and was spending Christmas in Canada with his wife.

And would most likely wait until the summer. And while he’s on a very good wage( which I’m sure he would have got something similar in the summer)
So he’s given all that up, moved to the north of England to a club in turmoil and told he’s got no money and it’s sell to buy.

Can’t figure out whether you are doubting the lack of funds or poking fun at Carlo, or both!

I’ve added a bit on that last post. He will definitely have money over the next 2 windows.

Basically there’s no way he’s here unless he’s been promised big money

That’s what I thought originally but FFP looks like it will stop us investing heavily until some funds come in from somewhere.

Yes there have been some which happened quickly, but I think it's worth noting that most of those names you've been mentioned won't have been major targets. Gomes, Bernard, Iwobi and Sidibe were all signed on deadline day, it's quite normal for those ones to come out of the blue whoever's in charge, often because you've missed out on your actual targets and are moving down your list.

Just had a quick check on Gbamin in case I was getting confused but the first mention of him in the transfer round up was on 22 June, he was then mentioned regularly before we completed the signing on 2 August.
I would then bring it back to this window.
I don't think there is any genuine information about any player we may have an interested in.
Dozens of names being mentioned but as I said earlier I think that is media guessing.

Has to be an option to buy or its totally pointless...

I wonder also if Gedson wont see that as a huge risk as West Ham may prefer to play their own players over a loanee...
It certainly is a risky deal for everybody... possibly apart from the player.
If he does really well it will cost West Ham a fortune or they could lose him altogether to a bigger club.
If he does badly the parent club could take a serious hit in his valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back