Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that I'm not bummed that we haven't got anyone in, but am disappointed that as yet we haven't managed to get anyone out permanently. Until we do, I fear that we will be very much hamstrung as to how many we can bring in. Would have loved to see a couple of outs to clear the deck for the beginning of the summer transfer window.
In all fairness we have some out-of-contracts in the summer anyway so no massive rush on those either way. Niasse & Martina being the main two.

On a much, much smaller budget as well, and without a 'superstar' Director of Football or fancy billionaire owner. Bloody the epitome of Everton, that that we are absolutely miles behind Leicester and twiddling our thumbs in mid-table while Champions League is well and truly open for clubs we should comfortably be ahead of. The only saving grace is that now, finally, we have three things in tandem that surely cannot fail us:

1. A rich owner with a vision for the club
2. A Director of Football with a clear strategy
3. An esteemed manager with a long-term plan (Koeman wasn't an esteemed manager, just a player with a rich history)

Best kin start getting better as patience has been lost a long time ago with this club.
I think you might want to become more acquainted with who owns Leicester and Wolves.

I think you might want to become more acquainted with who owns Leicester and Wolves.
They definitely aren't fancy pants owners like our guy. Look at how often his name is mentioned when Everton is the discussion point. The same can't be said with the owners of those two. I think he's the right man to lead us forward though, just bad decisions in previous years have stunted our progress by a couple of seasons. As long as we benefit long term it will be ok.

I'm not too bothered if we sign players this window. Its not like we have a chance of getting into the top four. Save our money for the Summer when Carlo can build the team he wants. Hopefully some deadwood will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back