Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would any of those clubs take our dross for the same wages as we're stuck paying them? not gonna happen and if people cant see this they are extremely stupid.
Oh I fully expect to take that we take a hit on them. But I'd rather not pay out half or 3/4 than the full amount on the dead wood.

Because he's playing for one of the best managers in the business (why would he want to come here eh?) and certainly won't be on that salary. Plus he'd be playing every week rather than on the bench like he has been with Chelsea.
Willian
Brazilian footballer
Description
Willian Borges da Silva, commonly known as Willian, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a winger or as an attacking midfielder for Premier League club Chelsea and the Brazil national team. Wikipedia

Born: 9 August 1988 (age 31 years), Ribeirão Pires, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Height: 1.75 m
Full name: Willian Borges da Silva
Spouse: Vanessa Martins (m. 2011)
Salary: 2.5 million EUR (2013)
Current teams: Chelsea F.C. (#10 / Forward), Brazil national football team (#19 / Forward)
Stats
Chelsea

LeagueMatchesGoalsAssists
Yellow
Red
Premier League
2019-20
UEFA Champions League
2019-20
61-00

Brands has failed to shift the deadwood and bring in reinforcements. Everyone around us have made signings to potentially improve their squads. We’ve sat there and done nothing.

Willian
Brazilian footballer
Description
Willian Borges da Silva, commonly known as Willian, is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a winger or as an attacking midfielder for Premier League club Chelsea and the Brazil national team. Wikipedia

Born: 9 August 1988 (age 31 years), Ribeirão Pires, State of São Paulo, Brazil
Height: 1.75 m
Full name: Willian Borges da Silva
Spouse: Vanessa Martins (m. 2011)
Salary: 2.5 million EUR (2013)
Current teams: Chelsea F.C. (#10 / Forward), Brazil national football team (#19 / Forward)
Stats
Chelsea
LeagueMatchesGoalsAssists
Yellow
Red
Premier League
2019-20
UEFA Champions League
2019-20
61-00
If they are all starts then I stand corrected. I thought I'd seen him come on a number of times from the bench but I could be wrong.

if we can get rid of more dead weight this winter, then i'm fine with not making any additions this window. i'm resigned to the fact that we will get no one right now, but if we have the framework set up, financially, for summer, then so be it

if we can get rid of more dead weight this winter, then i'm fine with not making any additions this window. i'm resigned to the fact that we will get no one right now, but if we have the framework set up, financially, for summer, then so be it

Yeah ive got some very bad news about the Summer.

Theres a Euros this Summer, so things will not go smoothly sadly.

If they are all starts then I stand corrected. I thought I'd seen him come on a number of times from the bench but I could be wrong.
He has come on from the bench a few times this season
But he is approaching 32 years of age so I would assume Chelsea are managing his game time.
He is still an important player for Chelsea
He would get less game time at Barca and his wages would prohibit us signing him.
He has also stated that he wants to stay at Chelsea.
Whether Abramovich will sanction a contract extension for a 32 yr old is still to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back