Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have 2 centre backs worth their salt.

We have our first choice midfield out for most or all of the season.

Irrespective of this we need to be signing half a squad over the next 3 seasons.
Your squad assessment is fair, but if we’re not in real trouble in Jan, would we not be better served waiting to fill the gaps? Especially with the uncertainty of Silva even being around another season. I don’t agree that we “have” to spend. Also, value in January is generally trash as we all know.

Your squad assessment is fair, but if we’re not in real trouble in Jan, would we not be better served waiting to fill the gaps? Especially with the uncertainty of Silva even being around another season. I don’t agree that we “have” to spend. Also, value in January is generally trash as we all know.
What happens if we get another injury in midfield? What happens if Mina gets injured? We are very thin.

It’s dead easy this transfer malarky. What we “need” depends on what we plan on doing.

If we’re planning on getting top four this season, we’ll “need” Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk, Kante and De Bruyne.

If we’re planning on staying in the league, what we have is fine for that.

Adjust accordingly.

It’s dead easy this transfer malarky. What we “need” depends on what we plan on doing.

If we’re planning on getting top four this season, we’ll “need” Messi, Ronaldo, Van Dijk, Kante and De Bruyne.

Adjust accordingly.
Probably still disappoint with all them in the team it’s the Everton way. Messi won’t be able to buy a goal. An people would still moan about who goes up front would it be Ronaldo Richy kean or DLC I think it should be Ronaldo an we move Richy to the left.

The thing is been serious tho the season isn’t dead we are in both cups. Not even that far off Europe with the start we have had so a few good signings in January. could make a massive difference. could even win us a cup which would mean everything.

Adjust accordingly.
I'm not so sure. When these games come thick and fast in December and the new year our lack of depth in central midfield in particular will become an issue.

Fixed for you and done.

Hows he been doing? Whenever ive seen Palace hes looked half bothered to me...

£2.5 mil a place
Prices going up every season
Players need adjustment periods

What happens if we get another injury in midfield? What happens if Mina gets injured? We are very thin.

Exactly

100% agree just saying what I think they will do. We definitely need to bring a CM minimum if not a CB and ST too...

Some of our players seem to be around top class in ability or potential.

But we need someone in a key position to emerge as being a top player to take games over. Ideally all through the spine, so three players.

Hows he been doing? Whenever ive seen Palace hes looked half bothered to me...

£2.5 mil a place
Prices going up every season
Players need adjustment periods

Exactly

Some of our players seem to be around top class in ability or potential.

But we need someone in a key position to emerge as being a top player to take games over. Ideally all through the spine, so three players.

So for the sake of 10m or so in prize money you wanna overpay around 300m in fees and wages to buy 4 players in a winter window?

A very interesting take.

Thanks to our useless excuse of a manager our season is a write off already. So the board now doesn't need to bother investing in January. They are probably hoping he can get us safe by April but continue to have the team stink the place out so they finally have an excuse to part ways at the end of the season. They should have acted a long time ago.

I'm not so sure. When these games come thick and fast in December and the new year our lack of depth in central midfield in particular will become an issue.
Mina will almost certainly pick up an injury sooner or later that keeps him out for a month. Also can't see Richarlison staying fit when he's starting every game, and if Digne gets an injury we're screwed.

So for the sake of 10m or so in prize money you wanna overpay around 300m in fees and wages to buy 4 players in a winter window?

A very interesting take.

I havent EVER stated we should buy 4 players in the JANUARY window.

Not once...not ever...

Also, your post doesnt actually make one iota of sense...

£300mil....dearie me. Have a lie down mate...

Thanks to our useless excuse of a manager our season is a write off already. So the board now doesn't need to bother investing in January. They are probably hoping he can get us safe by April but continue to have the team stink the place out so they finally have an excuse to part ways at the end of the season. They should have acted a long time ago.
Mina will almost certainly pick up an injury sooner or later that keeps him out for a month. Also can't see Richarlison staying fit when he's starting every game, and if Digne gets an injury we're screwed.

'We' ? Some very anti-everton and negative posts coming out of your account...

'We' ? Some very anti-everton and negative posts coming out of your account...
I've seen quite a lot of posters here seemingly angry at fellow fans being realistic in their assessment of the squad and club as a whole. I find it strange that opinions don't seem to be tolerated by posted such as yourself. I didn't read it in the forum rules that everything must be sugar-coated in relation to Everton. We're crap, and have been for a long, long time. I am 33 and all I can remember is one FA Cup win and one FA Cup final where we lost. I long for Silva to be sacked so we can hopefully move on and finally start looking forwards to a positive future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back