Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We won’t sign anybody, my gripe is that we haven’t been able to oust any of our deadwood like Niasse or Martina but I understand how difficult it must be for Brands getting teams to stump up actual money for these two and then there’s the issue of them agreeing to leave. Roll on the summer.

Oh it is
You know the way we would not sell Ricarlison or Kean or DCL in this window because they are our best players and it would take crazy money
Other clubs feel the same about their players
Name me 3 players who are available at a reasonable cost who would come to us and walk into our first 11 for at least the next 3 seasons
I’m not asking Brands , I’m asking you
Why do they need to walk into the first 11 for the next 3 seasons? We need a squad as our bench is diabolical, we need proper competition.

He's left Ancelotti with probably the worst midfield in the league but you're fine with that.

I'm sure you've been gloating about Usmanov's involvement with Everton.

You sure know how to pick and choose what stances to take. Either we have money, or we don't.
We have loads and loads of money available
However the rules state we can’t spend it
I don’t know what you find so difficult to understand
Lads here have wrote 4 page essays on the subject

And our revenues are a little higher than Sheff Utd's.

I'm sure you'd have been another one bragging about Usmanov's involvement, too.

I thought we would have thrown the money around and just copped the FFP fine, but the board said at the AGM they remained committed to not breaching it and I think then I realized that we probably weren't going wild this month.

Sheffield United may have lower revenues than us, but they also aren't paying Sandro 30k a week to play for somebody else, Oumar 50k a week to do nothing and Morgan Schneiderlin 100k a week to do whatever it is that he does. They also didn't spend stupid money on players of that caliber.

We are in the middle of pressing reset. It is a process that takes time.

I thought we would have thrown the money around and just copped the FFP fine, but the board said at the AGM they remained committed to not breaching it and I think then I realized that we probably weren't going wild this month.

Sheffield United may have lower revenues than us, but they also aren't paying Sandro 30k a week to play for somebody else, Oumar 50k a week to do nothing and Morgan Schneiderlin 100k a week to do whatever it is that he does. They also didn't spend stupid money on players of that caliber.

We are in the middle of pressing reset. It is a process that takes time.
At the same time we have Brands adding to it. His summer signings were pathetic.

Palace were willing to pay £16m for him. So not far off the market value.

He's the smart type of signing that we used to make.

Don’t think we’ve ever spent that amount on out of contract players from the Championship tbh. If we signed him you’d 100% moan about the fee paid and the fact we could’ve got him for free if we’d waited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back