Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure if Brands and Carlo thought Sander Berge was a player who would improve our midfield over the next 3/4 years they would have made a bid
Carlo said he wanted to improve the squad and would discuss transfers after January 5th.

Brands has failed him just like how he failed Silva.

This is the fella who thought Chelsea were just going to give in and let Zouma go despite them saying all summer that he was staying. He then made a last minute scramble for ROJO.

Why do they need to walk into the first 11 for the next 3 seasons? We need a squad as our bench is diabolical, we need proper competition.

He's left Ancelotti with probably the worst midfield in the league but you're fine with that.
It’s short term thinking that has us where we are now
We need to sign players who go straight into the first 11 and players who now start drop to the bench
If he bought squad players you would be giving out that they don’t improve the first 11

At the same time we have Brands adding to it. His summer signings were pathetic.

Well, as much as I share your confusion that we weren't in for Berge, I think we'll have to agree to disagree there. Andre Gomes is our best midfielder, Gbamin has promise that we haven't seen yet and neither of their misfortunes are on Brands. Kean is a baller, I don't think Delph is half bad either. We haven't seen Lossl yet.

The one question mark would be Iwobi but I think there's more to come from him.

It’s short term thinking that has us where we are now
We need to sign players who go straight into the first 11 and players who now start drop to the bench
If he bought squad players you would be giving out that they don’t improve the first 11
No player in that midfield is good enough to even be an option on the bench.

Brands has waved the white flag and said we're doing nothing this season and left Carlo to cop the flack.

Gomes and Gbamin (wherever he is) will miss this season which means Ancelotti has the dreaded option of picking between: Delph, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Davies. There will be more woeful performances to come.

Yep, would prefer we kept an eye on FFP rather than just go ahead and bring on sanctions, especially since we always seem to be the ones made an example of by the F.A. / PL
Just don't see the sense in bringing in players we don't want, no doubt overpriced and on massive wages. Just as well went until the end of the season.

Carlo said he wanted to improve the squad and would discuss transfers after January 5th.

Brands has failed him just like how he failed Silva.

This is the fella who thought Chelsea were just going to give in and let Zouma go despite them saying all summer that he was staying. He then made a last minute scramble for ROJO.
If you are so clued in to the inner sanctum of Brands office and it’s workings why don’t you complain to him and not on here

Brands has waved the white flag and said we're doing nothing this season and left Carlo to cop the flack.

Gomes and Gbamin (wherever he is) will miss this season which means Ancelotti has the dreaded option of picking between: Delph, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Davies. There will be more woeful performances to come.
What flack? Most reasonable people understand the situation. I could understand a short term loan for midfield but if there's noone suitable available or we can't accommodate their wages there's not much you can do about it

Brands only signed one of those 4 and that was only as cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back