Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just interested in someone else's perspective........thanks for the honesty.

I’d be interested to see how the likes of Lewis Gibson and some of the other younger lads he bought do.

A few around these parts would believe a theory, that Koeman was responsible for a lot of the horror we bought, not all mind, I’d lump Bill in there too, while I’d put a big Sandro shaped bag at the door of the Walsh residence.

I always thought Walsh did well with outs myself.

We haven’t had a good January signing since Jelavic. Best to keep clear and regroup in the summer. At least we brought in a promising defender who hopefully will be pushing first team in the near future

I’d be interested to see how the likes of Lewis Gibson and some of the other younger lads he bought do.

A few around these parts would believe a theory, that Koeman was responsible for a lot of the horror we bought, not all mind, I’d lump Bill in there too, while I’d put a big Sandro shaped bag at the door of the Walsh residence.

If Brands can run the academy like he did at PSV we will be OK, and so will the younger players like Gibson who are coming through.
Since we have had the DoF position at the club accountability for signings is now a grayer area than a Tory manifesto so we will probably never know who bought who, and Koeman wasn't any better keeping DCL stuck out on the left for ages either.
Btw I have to admit to being one on here thinking that Sandro was a shrewd bit of business at the time........doh!

Well we didn't waste money at least

Lets just hope this prudence doesnt cost us, I mean every point we drop from now till May will rest heavily on this inaction, you know what people are like.

I wanted us to dip our toe, but im actually quite pleased we didnt at this point, I mean we gotta make it count in the Summer now, but we got a few loans out, we didnt spurge on tosh, so not great, but not bad.

It's too late to get the Cumdog in.

He's not exactly de rigueur I suppose. We found him quite amusing at Hibs. Hibees, Hibees, Hibees ,Hibees, Hibees....

Last edited:

Gibson is an interesting one seeing as he's an England youth player and we signed him for a fee...also that posters watching our u23s rate him.

With the home grown rules we need these types of signings to supplement our youth ranks...hopefully he stands out at Fleetwood under Barton and we see him push his way into the 1st team squad next season.

I know we signed Branthwaite but it would be good if we were also in for more players at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back