Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know they might be worse.

Ill be honest, I think Gomes is wasted as a DM. He's got an eye for a forward pass yet he was often the furthest back even behind CB's. I've no idea why they put him there.
I'm hoping that ancelotti being in charge , and being a good manager , we see our best players look better for it.

Yes I agree, gomes probably was wasted back there and I'm looking forward to the games towards the end of march to see what gomes can do in Carlos team .

For all the players we have on the books that we know are crap, like Martina and niasse, the likes of iwobi and gomes have only been seen under a rank average manager here. We can see why we signed them to begin with now , or hopefully replace them in the summer.

Given that iwobi creates chances on the ground historically, Silva having him cross constantly was odd as well. Maybe with lewen scoring and Kean eager to impress now that we may see iwobi used more effectively.

I just think he drags his feet on outs. I put it down to not having a domestic network of contacts, he maybe does abroad. It’s not a coincidence a lot of our players go abroad on loans etc.

Personally, I think his job is to broker, he should be saying to Niasse, look you get paid the same but go play and get a profile for your next move and earn yourself a contract in the summer, then you activate agents, make calls drum up interest, offer wages percentages.

I think it’s his job to negotiate that, Walsh to be fair to him was good at shifting rubbish.

He also did an absolutely fantastic job of buying it as well. ;)

I just think he drags his feet on outs. I put it down to not having a domestic network of contacts, he maybe does abroad. It’s not a coincidence a lot of our players go abroad on loans etc.

Personally, I think his job is to broker, he should be saying to Niasse, look you get paid the same but go play and get a profile for your next move and earn yourself a contract in the summer, then you activate agents, make calls drum up interest, offer wages percentages.

I think it’s his job to negotiate that, Walsh to be fair to him was good at shifting rubbish.

When did you start work alongside Marcel? I’m assuming you must be almost intimate given you’re very sure of what he doesn’t do. At the end of the day someone has to be interested in the players we want rid of...it’s not like we’re trying to move Ronald and Messi on.

For all we know they might be worse.

Ill be honest, I think Gomes is wasted as a DM. He's got an eye for a forward pass yet he was often the furthest back even behind CB's. I've no idea why they put him there.

I know Ancelloti hasn't had a chance to work with him yet and I get your point about him having an eye for a forward pass etc. But whenever I watch him play I see him as the closest thing to a deep laying play maker (similar traits to pirlo) that we have.

Playing him deep in front of the defence and allowing him to control possession and collect the all from deep is how I see he will play in this team. He doesn't have the pace that's required for a more advanced attacking midfielder, especially with his recent injury..

I'm not saying he's our pirlo. But he's our play maker. If he stays fit.

When did you start work alongside Marcel? I’m assuming you must be almost intimate given you’re very sure of what he doesn’t do. At the end of the day someone has to be interested in the players we want rid of...it’s not like we’re trying to move Ronald and Messi on.

The same premise, works on both sides of a spectrum, you can assume there were just no buyers or you can assume we could have done better. You can do that on individual players or you can look at it macro level and see can you spot a trend, pattern culture etc. At the end of the day no body knows, they believe and post opinions on internet sites. And the world turns.

Views tend to get very polarized for or against, I can’t be arsed, I think Brands is good at some parts of his job and less good at others.

It’s annoys everyone, it’s great fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back