Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

A bit pessimistic but many of the challenges the Esk talks about i tend to agree with him, of particular note we are about to post an unsustainable loss of 80-90 mill.

Something has to give here and i suspect its the footballing side of things.

My guess the majority of that is towards stadium development. Which means nothing to do with FFP and has no real baring on football operations

My guess the majority of that is towards stadium development. Which means nothing to do with FFP and has no real baring on football operations

I think about 15-20 mill can be regarded as stadium and written off for STCC, but not the overall health of the business it’s by far the worst balance sheet in the clubs history about to be posted.

Where's this come from mate?

I'm no accountant, but if you evaluated your own finances the day before pay day, then you could conclude that your expenditure over the past month was unsustainable, but it would become sustainable the following day once you get your pay cheque. Also, if you have been using an overdraft, then yeah, you will be massively overdrawn the day before pay day, but then you will have paid all of the overdraft back as soon as you get paid, and will once again have full access to the overdraft.

My understanding of an 80 - 90 million pound loss would be that we have spent 80 - 90 million more than we have received, so I'd ask where the additional 80 - 90 million came from in the first place? There are only a few options, a cash injection from Moshiri, a bank overdraft, or a bank loan.

If it's from Moshiri, then he either might not be arsed, might want to do a Peter Johnson and sell club assets to repay his investment, he may say 'no more, that's your lot', or he could be like 'Hey, have some more'. Either way, it's not the type off loss that would cause the type of concern experienced when Arteta was sold.

If it's from an overdraft, and I believe we have one for about 60 million, then it would only be a concern if the bank wanted to call it in. Otherwise, pay day will sort the overdraft out, and allow us to continue using the overdraft.

I don't think it's come from a traditional bank loan that would clearly need to be securitised at those figures. We would know if it had.

Our net spend in the summer was small, about 30 million. I'd like to think there should still be money available both in January and the summer. If there isn't then I think it shows that Moshiri hasn't made that much difference at all, because everyone else in the Premier League is continuing to spend.

Largely and briefly the club is living well beyond its meanes in terms of outgoings largely wages and other expenditure, to turnover annually. That coupled with buying transfer fees, selling players and crystallizing losses on selling players, sacking managers, stadium etc, very briefly we can’t afford what we spend/owe/pay annually on what we make. Something has to give.

Isnt the accounts posted upcoming the ones for last year or Koeman/Walsh year?

I imagine next years accounts will look better considering we only had a net spend of about £25-30 million this summer.

We all knew these 2-3 years of getting the dross off the books wouldn't look great on the balance dont know why some are suprised.

So long as the owner puts his hand in his pocket to make up for his mistakes im not too bothered.

Read somewhere that he’s scored 9 goals In Two seasons ... 25 so nearing his prime and he’s putting up numbers that aren’t any better than DCL9. I have never seen him play but I would expect tuson to score more than that in that league tbh
I understand us spending 25mil on a 19yr old Witt great potential, but I don’t understand us spending 20 on a 25yr old, who record in weak leagues is very average. We may as well, just perceiver Witt Kean & DCL And Hope one or both come good, or we improve more goals from the right hand side, by signing someone to play there.

And hopefully Richarlison keeps getting better, Iwobi’s goal output improves and maybe a Gordon comes through and also adds to the goals. Because if we aren’t going to spend 60/70 mil and a top class striker, then I didn’t see the point, we may as well throw that 20mil in the Mersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back