Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are people acting like our season’s over and that we shouldn’t be looking to strengthen in January? We’re 3 points from 5th, we’re still in the league cup and still got the FA Cup to play for. We absolutely need to recruit a couple at least, especially with what injuries are doing to our squad.

The world isn't going to end in May either. Everton will continue to compete in the Premier League next season as well, as long as Silva doesn't provide another four months of relegation form. The risk of which makes it imperative that we do more than sit on our arse complaining about how buying football players involves hard work.

Not sure if he's been mentioned in here recently, but what about Zlatan?

I know he's 38 but the man scores goals. Even taking into account how poor the MLS is, his goal tally of 52 goals in 56 games over there is insane.

His record at United was better than 1 in 2 as well and that was only 2 years ago, 29 goals in 53 games.

I think it's a no brainer, even if he's coming to the latter end of his career. On a freebie, he'd contribute more than Giroud would.

I know he's 38 but the man scores goals. Even taking into account how poor the MLS is, his goal tally of 52 goals in 56 games over there is insane.

His record at United was better than 1 in 2 as well and that was only 2 years ago, 29 goals in 53 games.

I think it's a no brainer, even if he's coming to the latter end of his career. On a freebie, he'd contribute more than Giroud would.

Why would he come here?

He wouldn`t sully his reputation by coming here and I doubt very much whether he even remembers who we are.

Spurs or Man U, so say the papers.

Could we get Gareth Bale for a small fee and wages not over the moon?

Nope. Don't think Bale is leaving Madrid soon. He's on circa £700,000 per week and he's got 2 seasons left after this one.

Unless Madrid subsidise it, he'll stick it out and play loads of golf.

Why are people acting like our season’s over and that we shouldn’t be looking to strengthen in January? We’re 3 points from 5th, we’re still in the league cup and still got the FA Cup to play for. We absolutely need to recruit a couple at least, especially with what injuries are doing to our squad.

The optimism spooks me, but well done Sir...

Likely 10-20mill signing on fee, wages upwards of 250k a week...
Me personally I'd do it it as it adds proven quality and takes the pressure off Kean to adapt,
But I can't see us doing it, or if he'd even entertain us

I wouldn't be surprised if Silva, gets the chop this Summer, two seasons is about the right amount of time. So I doubt if we will spend a lot in January. I guess it depends on if we are still in the cups come the end of January? Maybe we will get a short term replacement in midfield and if we are very lucky a striker. Can only see loans though.

Likely 10-20mill signing on fee, wages upwards of 250k a week...
Me personally I'd do it it as it adds proven quality and takes the pressure off Kean to adapt,
But I can't see us doing it, or if he'd even entertain us
Havent we just spent 2 years getting this sort of stuff off the wage bill?

Have you seen Watford, Norwich, Southampton, Newcastle etc.
Yes, and their fans probably have us on their list when they say who they think they can reasonably see below us.

Well maybe not Southampton or Norwich. They stink of relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back