Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Napoli may have a clause stating that we can't go after their players due to Ancelloti.

Then again he was technically let go when we got him so maybe not

"Nothing strangulates a sports club more than having oler players on long contracts, because once they stop performing, they become immovable.
And as they become older, the risk of injury becomes exponetial".

Yet many clubs still insist on paying for past performance. page 34

Ahhhh the Zat playbook...

I must say I don’t see a single Napoli player coming here btw. He’s was only there a few months; lazy, lazy journalism.

1.5 years?

The book rates Moyes very highly in terms of return on investment and his reliance on data when making
transfer decision.

"From 2011 to 2015 Athletico Madrid emerged as Europe's smartest spending club and Everton, Spurs and Southampton also excelled".p 19

Absolutely essential that we get a centre back in. I'm not talking about the centre back being the difference between Europe and no Europe, but possibly the difference between relegated and not relegated.

Let's not forget we've been in relegation form all season and there is no guarantee that Ancelotti will bring success. If we continue with Michael Keane getting games I'm certain that we'll guarantee a very poor league finish.

We can perhaps do without a striker if we want to admit defeat in a top half finish, but to stop losing games we desperately need a defender to come in. I hope one has already been identified and its bought as soon as possible.

Absolutely essential that we get a centre back in. I'm not talking about the centre back being the difference between Europe and no Europe, but possibly the difference between relegated and not relegated.

Let's not forget we've been in relegation form all season and there is no guarantee that Ancelotti will bring success. If we continue with Michael Keane getting games I'm certain that we'll guarantee a very poor league finish.

We can perhaps do without a striker if we want to admit defeat in a top half finish, but to stop losing games we desperately need a defender to come in. I hope one has already been identified and its bought as soon as possible.
Striker is not needed until others are moved on but relying on DCL for our club's most 'experienced' goal scorer is absolutely bleak. We need to hop on this Kean train with Ancelotti and ride it to Europe.

I'd say that Holgate has proved himself to be the best CM/CDM in terms of moving the ball forward at pace while and moving forward with the ball which is something we have lacked in heaps this year (and tbh last year). Looking for another CB would do us a world of good especially a veteran or leader of some sort like Orban from RBL who hasn't been able to get games this season.

I think we should go for John McGinn of Villa. We need a change from our normal policy of signing players and then them getting long term injuries. I'm thinking it would be much more efficient to sign blokes who already a bad injury. Less effort for our medical staff and avoids the fans getting their hopes up.
He's actually just been ruled out for 5 months. Haha.

Striker is not needed until others are moved on but relying on DCL for our club's most 'experienced' goal scorer is absolutely bleak. We need to hop on this Kean train with Ancelotti and ride it to Europe.

I'd say that Holgate has proved himself to be the best CM/CDM in terms of moving the ball forward at pace while and moving forward with the ball which is something we have lacked in heaps this year (and tbh last year). Looking for another CB would do us a world of good especially a veteran or leader of some sort like Orban from RBL who hasn't been able to get games this season.

Id rather we made a big signing, a colossal player to lead the defence... @catcherintherye wants Koulibaly, Ive mentioned Romagnoli...your pick is Orban?

We really do need Kean to come through. If he does so, we are fairly set at striker, and considering the rest of the team can just focus on adding a CM, a CB, and a winger, greatly simplifying things.

The Holgate thing is a stretch. We barely tried to pass the ball through midfield in the games he played. It was almost exclusively long balls aimed at the strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back