Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I genuinely wont be one bit worried if we sign no one because good players are very very unlikely to be available in January.

Its essential we stop signing dross for inflated prices.

You do proper business in the summer. I just hope we do it a bit earlier this year rather than the last 4 hours of the window.
Clubs are obsessed with doing business in the final hours of the summer transfer window these days.

Still, I reckon people exaggerate how difficult it is to get decent signings in during January, and it's not like we've been getting much value regardless of when the new recruits arrive. It's also going to be a real slog if Ancelotti is forced to finish the season with this terrible crop of players.

I genuinely wont be one bit worried if we sign no one because good players are very very unlikely to be available in January.

Its essential we stop signing dross for inflated prices.

You do proper business in the summer. I just hope we do it a bit earlier this year rather than the last 4 hours of the window.
Exactly.
Unless they are exactly what you want, don’t do business. It’s a waste of resource.
mid be happier with loans.

Clubs are obsessed with doing business in the final hours of the summer transfer window these days.

Still, I reckon people exaggerate how difficult it is to get decent signings in during January, and it's not like we've been getting much value regardless of when the new recruits arrive. It's also going to be a real slog if Ancelotti is forced to finish the season with this terrible crop of players.

I'm not saying definitely dont sign anyone.

All I'm saying is only sign someone if they are the right player. Dont just make a couple of panic signings for the sake of it to appease impatient fans on twitter.

Our track record of January signings isn't great...

I'm not saying definitely dont sign anyone.

All I'm saying is only sign someone if they are the right player. Dont just make a couple of panic signings for the sake of it to appease impatient fans on twitter.

Our track record of January signings isn't great...
I definitely agree on panic buys, but it can be a good time to freshen things up.

The January window where Pienaar, Donovan, Jelavic and Gibson all came in was one of the best we've had in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back