Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically i think our team over the next 12 months would be:

Pickford
JJK Mina Todibo digne
Richy gomes Allan/Kessie bernard
James DCL

Lossl, Holgate, Keane, Coleman, Baines, Davies, Gylfi, Kean, Walcott, Delph, Gbamin

Whats with the frown @Zatara do you think we will do more business?

@Eggs that branthwaite chap supposedly £750k bid from us...via a site on newsnow.

Mentions its on skysports...

....cheers Zat, the indication was that £750k would seal it. I read the deal includes two significant add-ons.

My assumption is Feeney and/or Gibson will be leaving in the Summer. This lad will be with the U23s and we’re still in the market for Mina’s partner,

...well, a new CB is clearly on the agenda and I would be amazed if Holgate is seen as his partner. Interesting opinion, though, and fascinating to see if Ancelotti feels the same.
Think it would depend on how quick said proposed CB is.Mina looked Keane levels of static against City.

1) No
2) Who?
3) Who?
4) No

Jonjoe Kenny has done well in Germany, plus he is homegrown (the quota still exists doesn't it?) and wont be on megabucks.
Jean Clair Todibo, seen him on a couple of rare occassions he has played, looks athletic, solid and cheaper than zouma. Rumoured to be available for £20m.
Allan/kessie, Allan is perfect for us, box to box (not Yaya Toure level but quality none the less, in the shadows of Zielinski but a good player), worked under Ancelotti at Napoli. Kessie for me offers energy, box to box drive and certainly offers more than Morgan, Davies, Gylfi out of position and delph. Also believe Napoli/Ancellotti was looking at him pre/during playing for Milan.

Think it would depend on how quick said proposed CB is.Mina looked Keane levels of static against City.

To be fair i dont think its about out right pace. I think city just play with a fluency and pace where they are already moving before the ball is played, as opposed to a straight up foot race. Mina doesnt half look weird when sprinting. His acceleration is even beaten by a fully loaded dump truck or bin wagon (why i went full american there ill never know).

....all the indications are that the new player will be Zouma type with a Rolls Royce engine. I’d be surprised and disappointed if he’s not.

Mina is a boat, no doubt about that but he’s got a mindset where he’ll block a run or get an arm across. Keane doesn’t. Mina’s competitive, he’s got attitude and I think he could be terrific with the right partner.

....all the indications are that the new player will be Zouma type with a Rolls Royce engine. I’d be surprised and disappointed if he’s not.

Mina is a boat, no doubt about that but he’s got a mindset where he’ll block a run or get an arm across. Keane doesn’t. Mina’s competitive, he’s got attitude and I think he could be terrific with the right partner.
Just can't see who will be available and what we can afford given the amount of dead wood on the wage bill.Fingers crossed though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back