Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy is a big Milan fan so i watch a decent amount of Milan games with him. Kessie is atrocious. A huge presence on the field but other than his physical attributes he provides little else. Poor technique, limited passing, and one of the worst shots I’ve ever seen out of a professional. Extremely overhyped and likely over priced

Your talking to a Milan fan since 2003, yes i think he has been poor this season but Milan seem to have followed suit with Everton, takeover - spend money aimlessly - sack manager - rinse - repeat.

Under the guidance of Carlo we will have a much better Kessie than what he is currently showing. I seen Kessie during his breakthrough season at Atalanta.
With all that being said im not knocking your viewpoint, he has been underwhelming so i understand the concern. In any event i would pick Allan over Kessie if it did comedown to the two.

Whats with the frown @Zatara do you think we will do more business?

I think its really hard to pick out the players we will sign as we dont really know what formation Ancelotti will favour...

The squad itself is about 50% complete:

GK Pickford
RB Kenny
CB Mina Holgate
LB Digne
CM Gbamin Gomes Davies
AM Bernard Iwobi
CF Richarlison Kean DCL

Thats 13 players mid-long term who I would expect to have around...maybe one or two others as well.

We basically need:
A: Another back 4
B: 2 More centre mids
C: 2 More AM / WF
D: 1 Centre forward

So 9 players and possibly another keeper...so lets say 10 players to take us to 23...thats over the course of the next 4 windows i think.

For me (as i always say) its a numbers game...if we have a chance to sign a players im ANY of those positions who is u23 years and will be here mid-long term we should take it.

If it is a player 24-26 who will cost a high amount but will take the team up a level then we should take it.

If its a player 27+ then they MUST be either an experienced squad player at a relatively low transfer fee on a max 3 year deal (like Delph) or they need to be one of the best players in the premier league.

Thats how i see things.

As things stand I'd start Holgate instead of Mina every time.
...well, a new CB is clearly on the agenda and I would be amazed if Holgate is seen as his partner. Interesting opinion, though, and fascinating to see if Ancelotti feels the same.
....cheers Zat, the indication was that £750k would seal it. I read the deal includes two significant add-ons.

My assumption is Feeney and/or Gibson will be leaving in the Summer. This lad will be with the U23s and we’re still in the market for Mina’s partner,

....all the indications are that the new player will be Zouma type with a Rolls Royce engine. I’d be surprised and disappointed if he’s not.

Mina is a boat, no doubt about that but he’s got a mindset where he’ll block a run or get an arm across. Keane doesn’t. Mina’s competitive, he’s got attitude and I think he could be terrific with the right partner.

Clearly we need 4 centre backs if were aiming to be in European competition every season. It was not long ago that Holgate was 4th choice.

I think if we signed Koulibaly (just as an example) he could easily play with both Holgate and Mina and so we would be able to rotate around a bit depending on form and the opposition.

If we can then add in someone u21 with very high potential then we would have a good mix and also a lot of competition.

Romagnoli, Koulibaly or someone of that calibre is a key signing for us as well as a centre midfielder.

My buddy is a big Milan fan so i watch a decent amount of Milan games with him. Kessie is atrocious. A huge presence on the field but other than his physical attributes he provides little else. Poor technique, limited passing, and one of the worst shots I’ve ever seen out of a professional. Extremely overhyped and likely over priced

Used to love Kessie but the signs were there last season and now seems to have totally gone backwards.

He’s the DCL of midfielders ?

Your talking to a Milan fan since 2003, yes i think he has been poor this season but Milan seem to have followed suit with Everton, takeover - spend money aimlessly - sack manager - rinse - repeat.

Under the guidance of Carlo we will have a much better Kessie than what he is currently showing. I seen Kessie during his breakthrough season at Atalanta.
With all that being said im not knocking your viewpoint, he has been underwhelming so i understand the concern. In any event i would pick Allan over Kessie if it did comedown to the two.
There was also a rumour linking Everton with a move for Seri last week, although I'd certainly prefer Allan if he's available.

Unfortunately I think the Allan link is another lazy one because Ancelotti came from Napoli
Yeah, you're probably right.

I wouldn't be opposed to taking a chance of Seri, though. I think it was more a case of him losing interest once he realised what the situation was at Fulham, rather than him being a poor player.

I think its really hard to pick out the players we will sign as we dont really know what formation Ancelotti will favour...

The squad itself is about 50% complete:

GK Pickford
RB Kenny
CB Mina Holgate
LB Digne
CM Gbamin Gomes Davies
AM Bernard Iwobi
CF Richarlison Kean DCL

Thats 13 players mid-long term who I would expect to have around...maybe one or two others as well.

We basically need:
A: Another back 4
B: 2 More centre mids
C: 2 More AM / WF
D: 1 Centre forward

So 9 players and possibly another keeper...so lets say 10 players to take us to 23...thats over the course of the next 4 windows i think.

For me (as i always say) its a numbers game...if we have a chance to sign a players im ANY of those positions who is u23 years and will be here mid-long term we should take it.

If it is a player 24-26 who will cost a high amount but will take the team up a level then we should take it.

If its a player 27+ then they MUST be either an experienced squad player at a relatively low transfer fee on a max 3 year deal (like Delph) or they need to be one of the best players in the premier league.

Thats how i see things.

Clearly we need 4 centre backs if were aiming to be in European competition every season. It was not long ago that Holgate was 4th choice.

I think if we signed Koulibaly (just as an example) he could easily play with both Holgate and Mina and so we would be able to rotate around a bit depending on form and the opposition.

If we can then add in someone u21 with very high potential then we would have a good mix and also a lot of competition.

Romagnoli, Koulibaly or someone of that calibre is a key signing for us as well as a centre midfielder.

Used to love Kessie but the signs were there last season and now seems to have totally gone backwards.

Fair enough Zat. I agree with you about needing more thna just the two or three i mentioned. The issue is trying to get some of the high earners off the wage bill.
Im not clued up on the ins and outs of FFP though so maybe im just being negative.

Centre back and Midfield are my priorities with a left footed right winger if possible.

Again i see Todibo, James (maybe from the right), Under, Koulibaly, rabiot and Zielinski all linked, so we are looking in the right area with the right calibre of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back