Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to hear that brands is targeting not only talented players but talented players with the right mindset.
It’s time to change the culture at finch farm and it’s not going to happen by bringing in players who only play for paycheck. No more Walcott’s or sigurddsons or schneiderlins.
Everton needs players within a strong mentality if they hope to turn this situation around.

We just need better players. It doesn't matter whether they're from clubs above us or clubs below us. There are many, many, examples of good and bad signings from both brackets. It doesn't matter if they wear the captain's armband at their current club, or if they're quiet as a church mouse. We have a serious lack of ability in the squad, that's what we need to address first and foremost.

I would love to hear that brands is targeting not only talented players but talented players with the right mindset.
It’s time to change the culture at finch farm and it’s not going to happen by bringing in players who only play for paycheck. No more Walcott’s or sigurddsons or schneiderlins.
Everton needs players within a strong mentality if they hope to turn this situation around.
Actually think Walcott’s been trying relatively hard (certainly relative to those other two charlatans) - its more a lack of quality that’s hindered him.

I don’t.

The rumour was that this was coming from Ancelotti who will know the player's current level well due to his recent sojourn back in Italy. The logic therefore is that having spent vast sums to bring in one of the world's best managers, it's a good idea to give the man what he wants, especially if it's a cheap low risk move that isn't going to leave the club with Sandro/Schneiderlin levels of onward wage misery.

The shambles yesterday should've concentrated everyone's minds on the fact that relegation is not out of the question and defence is one area where experience can be more important than young legs. The club are one CB down and there's little confidence in at least one of the three recognised players in that position.

Have just googled and he's a left sided CB that's also played LB. So with him on the bench instead of Baines, CA gets an opportunity to push Digne forward but still stay strong on the left side defence or cover an injury to CB with one player.

Not every transfer has to quicken the pulse. First priority is to get to the end of the season as a PL club. Once done, then yes use the summer window to bring pace in the central defence position, getting shut of Keane, getting a top of the range Italian defender in the Nesta mode etc.

Well it's not really is it?
Ok let's play Q&A.

Did we sign Tosun because we thought he was exactly what we needed and would fit seamlessly into our set up? Or did we just think he was better than what we had and so worth bringing in? Had we extensively scouted Walcott and looked at all the ways he could improve us, factoring in potential for resale as he got older etc? Or did we just think 'we need pace, Walcott is faster than everyone we have, let's buy him'? Did we think about whether Michael Keane could transition from being asked to just head and block at the edge of his own box to playing a much broader, more demanding role? Or did we just think he'd be better than Ashley Williams? When signing all these new players did we think about what was going to happen to the likes of Besic, Martina, Niasse etc who were still on the payroll, or did we just think, a slight improvement is good?

I think I know the answer to all those questions. And so yes, I'd say it is, really.

Ok let's play Q&A.

Did we sign Tosun because we thought he was exactly what we needed and would fit seamlessly into our set up? Or did we just think he was better than what we had and so worth bringing in? Had we extensively scouted Walcott and looked at all the ways he could improve us, factoring in potential for resale as he got older etc? Or did we just think 'we need pace, Walcott is faster than everyone we have, let's buy him'? Did we think about whether Michael Keane could transition from being asked to just head and block at the edge of his own box to playing a much broader, more demanding role? Or did we just think he'd be better than Ashley Williams? When signing all these new players did we think about what was going to happen to the likes of Besic, Martina, Niasse etc who were still on the payroll, or did we just think, a slight improvement is good?

I think I know the answer to all those questions. And so yes, I'd say it is, really.

Exclusive footage from the Everton transfer team's summer recruitment meeting

Pics who we are link with please it is not that hard.
2D4E2C9F-FA21-4EE5-BDCE-ED5FC9F100FE.webp

F650C343-A7BB-4391-8A98-603F0A317FF8.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back