Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
United are adding to their squad despite it being bloated by useless players. It's called trying to progress.
They can do that because they have income 3.5 times more than we have, Think I read somewhere that there is rules on how much you can spend given your income.

No player in that midfield is good enough to even be an option on the bench.

Brands has waved the white flag and said we're doing nothing this season and left Carlo to cop the flack.

Gomes and Gbamin (wherever he is) will miss this season which means Ancelotti has the dreaded option of picking between: Delph, Sigurdsson, Schneiderlin and Davies. There will be more woeful performances to come.

Ancelotti obviously sees something in Sigurdsson because he keeps picking him. I remain confident he's seen right through Schneiderlin and he seems to rate Davies too. Delph is a decent player, at least he plays with his head up and always tries to advance the ball. Gomes is still miles better in possession than any of them, I agree, but to say none of them are even good enough for a premier league bench is nonsense.

Exactly. Wasting money is stupid. If we have quality targets identified for summer in key positions why overpay now for a player we might not even want.

You joking mate, we could be spending £22m on a player who’s out of contract at a Championship team in the summer to prove we have ambishun. Who wouldn’t want that?

Ancelotti obviously sees something in Sigurdsson because he keeps picking him. I remain confident he's seen right through Schneiderlin and he seems to rate Davies too. Delph is a decent player, at least he plays with his head up and always tries to advance the ball. Gomes is still miles better in possession than any of them, I agree, but to say none of them are even good enough for a premier league bench is nonsense.
Thought schneiderlin played ok last match

He kept picking him because there is literally nobody else to chose from. Morgan is a crab, Davies is crap, Delph is injured half the time

People screaming for another Tosun or Walcott panic buy will be the same ones moaning we've overpaid for average players.

95% of the forum was screaming at me for saying Walcott (especially) was a crazy signing.

Not sure how that relates to signing players in January though...

If we had signed Walcott in a summer window the result would be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back