Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be okay there due to the abundance of defenders in the youth ranks we can promote at a pinch

It's not really the case in the other positions, unless a lad like Simms gets given a chance up top

????

Who are you thinking of here? We've sent Gibson and Feeney out on loan?

There's the new kid we just signed but I don't think they'd throw him in.

I know Dave is cynical about Baines's role, and he's not the only one, but it's a slight different issue. The broader point, is you can't compare a 35 year old player, who's played 400+ games for the club over a 12 year period to a 22 year old who's not played for the club at all. They are at different stages of their career and will want different things. As a club we need very different skill sets from both. On the face of it, Baines is perfect for what we are asking him to do. I don't believe Robinson would have been. He needs to be playing at 22 to develop.

As part of that the club will have made at least £3 (if not more) million. Wigan make more, but they took all of the up front risk, so you can't begrudge them that.

Would anyone consider a short term loan for Wanyama? I just can't see Gbamin featuring this year and with the rest of the mid being pretty immobile I think big Vic could help out in that department. I'm not saying he's fantastic, but he's pretty much "better than what we've got!", which isn't saying much.

As someone else said someone like Nzonzi on loan til the seasons end would be ideal with Gbamin out.

Poor poor stuff from Everton- the likes of Davies, Schneiderlin & Walcott still 1st choice players ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back