Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know brexit is going to stop this from happening somehow... it’s just “ Everton that” I mean world wars have broken out after we assembled title winning teams . The European ban, We now have billions but can’t spend , we have a world class manager but don’t have any lukaku, Rooney, stones etc fate hates Everton and I’m sure it’s something to do with the pact with the devil that the RS have made
Absolutely mate I agree with almost every word, but I still wouldn't swap the Blues for all the tea in China.
Maybe we do have a Lukaku, Rooney or Stones as Barca just offered 85mill for Richarlison and we should be able to transform the club into coherent functioning winners with help from CA and Brands.
This season it feels like like the club have found new and elaborate ways to Ev it up just when we thought we had seen it all, but we are slowly beginning to turn it all around. We will have a state of the art ground on a prime waterfront location soon, money to spend and we will break the hoodoo over our smug neighbours in the not too distant future. "Everton that" will still be an entity for a little while yet.......but not for long!

I think there is an argument each way.

For every Galloway and Garbutt there is a Stones, DCL and Holgate. Its about good judgement and pathways.

Take Lewis Gibson that is a situation under a different regime that probably would have seen him leave on a free like Gosling. But after being reassured of a development pathway he has stayed, signed a new deal and hopefully will be an asset - id credit Brands there.

On Baines as i said yesterday to much controversy, we dropped a clanger on Robinson, if we could have done a Lewis Gibson on him, loaned him to Wigan instead of giving 34 year old legend Baines a new deal, it would have been good work - id be critical of Brands there.

I suppose no one is perfect and you cant win them all.

As i have said before i think we are bit sluggish in the domestic market at lower levels, i dont think Brands has the network or domestic contracts yet, the way Steve Walsh arguably had, which in a way is understandable given his career has been largely outside this country. Thats not saying Walsh was brilliant and Brands crap, just an observation, Walsh as we know wasnt great at international signings, were Brands is better. Not that Brands wont develop this and Braithwaite looks a positive step, but its just my take and opinion.
If Robinson came through our youth team though and he had an opportunity to come back maybe in the summer if he was good enough he would.
Especially if he wants to stay in the North West.

Love to know how the happy hammers are not facing FFP problems like us, their squad seems huge like ours, full of internationals and. Apparently the new ground is only bringing in roughly the same amount as the old one.
I have wondered that, they have a massive squad when you look at it, mind i would'nt trust their owners whatsoever so who knows tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back